20210709_081537 (002).jpg

From Japan by way of Louisiana?

I hadn’t heard of Muji, so I looked them up. Strange business philosophy:
”[W]e do not make objects to entice responses of strong affinity,
like, ‘This is what I really want‘ or, ‘I must have this.‘
MUJI's goal is to give customers a rational satisfaction, expressed not with,
‘This is what I really want’ but with ‘This will do.‘
‘This is what I really want‘ expresses both faint egoism and discord,
while ‘This will do‘ expresses conciliatory reasoning.
In fact, it may even incorporate resignation and a little dissatisfaction.“
What is MUJI? - https://www.muji.com/us/about/
Hmmm...that is an interesting business philosophy. I'm not sure where I first heard about Muji, but I remember thinking it was an interesting looking aluminum pen. It's not the smoothest writing pen I have, but I do use it most every workday. Yes, the Red Beans and Rice ink came from Papier Plume, a great pen store in the French Quarter.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Pilot Kakuno, with Pelikan 4001 Royal Blue ink
Good choice. Way underrated pen. I bought a few for my kids, but sneak them from time to time. The colorful ones definitely have a youthful vibe, if I can put it that way. I love the smiley faces on the nibs. But the black ones look quite serious and I think would pass muster in any office environment.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Good choice. Way underrated pen. I bought a few for my kids, but sneak them from time to time. The colorful ones definitely have a youthful vibe, if I can put it that way. I love the smiley faces on the nibs. But the black ones look quite serious and I think would pass muster in any office environment.
Thank you. I just received this one today to add to my Pilot Metropolitan.
I think the Metropolitan is nicer, but the Kakuno seems like it will be fun to write with. I did notice the smiley also and it made me smile too. 😁

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Pilot Metropolitan / Pilot Standard Black

I just unwrapped my last Piccadilly Primo Journal that I have left.
The last one took 7 years to fill the 288 pages, and it now looks like it's been through a war zone. Spilled coffee, water, abuse, etc., and it held up like a champ. Never lost anything written, just let it dry and was good to go.

Too bad these seem to be discontinued, or just difficult to find.

20210715_143258_kindlephoto-127844913.jpg

Top Bottom