What's new

What's going on with Musgo Real prices?

I got a tube of orange amber cream last year for $14 but now I see it for $22 on Amazon and West Coast Shaving and others. It's a good cream but not worth $22. It's $14 on the European vendors. Did something happen at their factory to restrict supply or something?

On the flip side, I'm seeing Art of Shaving for about $17 on Amazon prime now when it used to be $25.

If I didn't already have a large stockpile of creams that will last me a few years, I might get some.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I've noted that also, Musgo is a 100ml tube, so it's actually more expensive than Castle Forbes. You can likely get CF considerably cheaper from Shaving.ie. Agree, not worth it, especially since you use twice as much Musgo as CF.

Cheers, Steve

It looks like the redid the packaging designs on the Musgo line and upped the prices by a good margin. I love Musgo, but at $22 a tube it just ain't worth it. Especially because this price increase looks to me like part of a marketing gimmick, perhaps to appear more "exclusive".

Sometimes small companies like this have distribution problems. I could be that they're in-between distributors at the moment, which would explain wildly differing prices on remaining stock.

Excellent products, by the way, both the creams and the soap.

Interesting. Let's see how long the prices remain so elevated when their annual sales drop significantly. With so many other options available, I doubt people will pay those prices. Some will, but I won't be one of them. I have their classic scent and their Oak Moss. Could be my last Musgo Real I ever buy.

I swear early on I remember it being like $5 a tube could be wrong since I always passed on it and tried other brands.

While I always enjoyed the original Musgo Real Classic cream I would not pay current day prices for it, Top Secret is another Portuguese cream at less than $10 a tube that is a much better buy in my opinion...

I had only gotten it before because I was intrigued by the orange scent. There aren't many orange scented creams out there.

But at 3 times the price per ounce of TOBS, I won't be getting any more. There is plenty of competition in the shaving cream business with lots of great choices.

I got a tube of orange amber cream last year for $14 but now I see it for $22 on Amazon and West Coast Shaving and others. It's a good cream but not worth $22. It's $14 on the European vendors. Did something happen at their factory to restrict supply or something?

On the flip side, I'm seeing Art of Shaving for about $17 on Amazon prime now when it used to be $25.

If I didn't already have a large stockpile of creams that will last me a few years, I might get some.

On a similar note I notice Tabac soap refills are now 18 bucks. have they always been this high?

On a similar note I notice Tabac soap refills are now 18 bucks. have they always been this high?
They used to be high, but have been cheap for about a year. I think $18 is a bit more than it used to be.

RJ - Chicago
Posted from my phone, please forgive typos.

Going to Portugal in about 7 months. Curious to see what the prices are there... I'm looking to come back with loads of great Portuguese creams.

They changed their prices a few months ago, but most of the stockists had their products in stock and that's why it seems a bit sudden. I asked a vendor about it and that's what he told me. They're nice creams, I've tried a couple of them, but, in my opinion, they're now very expensive.

Last edited:
Top Bottom