What's new

What's for Dinner at Your House?

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
I will likely have some left over Boudin, which I never knew existed until yesterday, so you can imagine I had no idea how or even if to cook it, I very much doubt it will be any better left over, there is no way anyone else is going to eat it...... I would post a pick if I had one, but it would not help this post any. I am eating it, cuz I can eat anything and I hate to waste. Google it if you're board. Pretty sure it is pig trash sausage LOL. This batch came from Louisiana. No offense to those of you from that part of the country that like it.

Boudin is one of my favorites.

Boudin is one of my favorites.
A little more reading makes it seem as if I should have removed it from its casing and not cooked it in a 18" long stick. How are you supposed to cook/eat it? I fried it in bacon grease in the cast iron with some potatoes and onions

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Sockeye salmon patties (blasphemous, I know!) with peas/mayo/cheese on the side. Hey give me a break, it was leftover salmon :)

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
A little more reading makes it seem as if I should have removed it from its casing and not cooked it in a 18" long stick. How are you supposed to cook/eat it? I fried it in bacon grease in the cast iron with some potatoes and onions
Nope, cook in the casing and then split/cut it open after it's cooked. We've steamed it, grilled it, and smoked it.

Came home last night after a killer stressful day and caught the aroma of chicken thighs in a cast iron skillet with an onion mustard sauce, smashed garlic Yukon Gold potatoes and steamed cauliflower and broccoli. Great meal from my bride.

suuper (2).jpg

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Came home last night after a killer stressful day and caught the aroma of chicken thighs in a cast iron skillet with an onion mustard sauce, smashed garlic Yukon Gold potatoes and steamed cauliflower and broccoli. Great meal from my bride.

Onion mustard sauce sounds good for chicken. How's it made?

Top Bottom