What's new

What's for Dinner at Your House?

Pork chops

051F5C85-35DB-465A-A0D2-3EE1BFF7A9F1.jpeg

This dinner will go down in the history books as an unmitigated disaster - just like the year 2020! Picked up some fresh scallops from the local Asian market. Seasoned with panko bread crumbs and parmesan cheese and baked with an herbed lemon-butter mix in the oven.
20201106_180825.jpg

Topped the scallops with bacon and plated them with toasted pumpernickel bread and Mexican corn.

20201106_181024.jpg

The scallops came out horrible 🤢 - over-cooked and rubbery and way too much lemon. And, according to my wife, I even managed to over-cook the corn. Hell, I didn't even know you could F-up corn but I must have been in some kind of "zone" last night :a36:

Tim

P.S. - My daughter for whom I made this scallop dinner implored my wife to order out Mediterrean for dinner this evening. I don't think she wanted me anywhere near the kitchen for the next few days.

Last edited:
Beef tenderloin cut into 2" steaks, grilled with grilled golden potatoes along with mashed summer squash, string beans, and onions and mushrooms. A glass of port. A proper Sunday meal.
That sounds good. We had tenderloin for dinner yesterday to celebrate my daughter’s 8th. Weird kid. Loves steak but only filet mignon.

In any case, I don’t drink enough port. My wife hates it and all of the vintage ports in my cellar are 750ml bottles. A bit too much for me as an aperitif or digestif. 🤪

I really need to get me a couple of good tawnys...

I will likely have some left over Boudin, which I never knew existed until yesterday, so you can imagine I had no idea how or even if to cook it, I very much doubt it will be any better left over, there is no way anyone else is going to eat it...... I would post a pick if I had one, but it would not help this post any. I am eating it, cuz I can eat anything and I hate to waste. Google it if you're board. Pretty sure it is pig trash sausage LOL. This batch came from Louisiana. No offense to those of you from that part of the country that like it.

Top Bottom