What's new

What's for Dinner at Your House?

Homemade chili, saltines, cinnamon applesauce. Two bowl minimum tonite.

Attachments

• 20201006_165523.jpg
    20201006_165523.jpg
    1,001.3 KB · Views: 7

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
A can of lentil soup, some uncooked carrots, celery, cucumber and zucchini, bread and butter. Not a bad meal at all.

Last Night: Freschetta Hawaiian pizza that I forgot to remove the cardboard on the bottom. After cooking additional 10 minutes without cardboard, bottom was browned, but pizza was still doughy. Ate couple of slices and threw out the rest.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Tonight is my last 4-12 shift. The last 2 days I have cheated and looked to see what my wife packed but not today.
Yesterday I didn’t see the chocolate and banana protein shake she had packed for me when I looked. But I saw it at work. Man it hit the spot at 8ish last night.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
It's pizza night...store bought pizza with ham and black olives on top. I am preparing my palate with two Tanqueray and Dolin martinis, well shaken, topped with a big olive. Mmmmm

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
My wife made a lovely pot of chili and some cornbread. She likes things to be about a 3 on the spice heat meter, while I tend more toward a 7 or 8. In addition to chili, we eat a lot of Indian food; we order 3 or 4 dishes and share them, so this spice conflict has been a major problem in our marriage for nearly 26 years.

Grass fed Aussie ribeyes, air fryer chips, red wine and onion reduction, bottle of Bordeaux and my first attempt at Bearnaise sauce.
121259677_10160262166798275_7777796106335140700_o.jpg

I mostly used Leith's recipe: 3 tablespoons of white wine vinegar, finely chopped shallot, sprig of tarragon and some pepper corns. Boiled to reduce to about 1 tablespoon. Strain. 2 egg yolks, half the reduction, S&P, pinch of chili powder (recipe said cayenne pepper but I don't have that) and beat together. Then place the bowl over a pan of simmering water and gradually beat in 110g unsalted butter. The recipe mentioned if it starts to split - which it did near the end - add a little more of the reduction and it worked. Stirred in finely chopped tarragon and serve. I have to say, it was pretty decent, and will feature again!

Top Bottom