What's new

Whats cooking in 2019?

Welp, lots of great skills above, as usual. I haven't checked it lately but glad to see the usual suspects are crushing it.

Here we have some bacon wrapped asparagus - end of summer appetizer. After this pic they really crisped up nicely, IMO.

Attachments

• 20190916_210214.jpg
    20190916_210214.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
Sunday's Beef Wellington.

I got some grass-fed Aussie fillet from The Butcher here, and tried a cheffy trick that my friendly chef Francois from Bar A Thym suggested when I told him that the bottom of the Welly always came out soggy: he suggested frying the base before putting the thing into the oven. I did so, but although the flavours were great, the pastry disintegrated when I tried cutting into it. The trouble is (I think) it's frozen pastry and pre-rolled into sheets and it may be too thin, but that's all I can find here - and I know I can make it myself but my kitchen gets to 30C when I am working in there!!

Anyway, some pics:
IMG-0366.JPG IMG-0369.JPG IMG-0370.JPG

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
From the top, roast leg of lamb, yams (not what you call yams I believe), butternut pumpkin and potatoes, all roasted. Beans and broccoli, with gravy.
I found out, sadly, that I do not like leg of lamb- seemed gamey to me. I threw out 3 pounds. Weird, as I like rack and chops.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Man I love that. The Costco here had bags of riced cauliflower for a short time. Anything you wanted rice with . . . the cauliflower was an excellent substitute. I find grinding it down myself a bit messy but fortunately I like it in bigger pieces too.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Man I love that. The Costco here had bags of riced cauliflower for a short time. Anything you wanted rice with . . . the cauliflower was an excellent substitute. I find grinding it down myself a bit messy but fortunately I like it in bigger pieces too.
Thanks, i find the cauliflower a heck of a lot more nutritious but has a similar texture and flavor.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I baked a catfish filet and threw it on top of a bed of seasoned cauliflower for my chow here at work tonight.

B36AEFA4-90E3-48F0-B466-B7DA0EA65F1C.jpeg

Top Bottom