What's new

Whats cooking in 2019?

20190120_103655.jpg

Poly Styrene you say? Can't eat with out music... (vocalist is Poly Styrene)

.............dave

Slow speed masticating juicer... juice of 1 fennel bulb, 1 lemon, 1 blood orange, 1 pink orange, 1 granny smith. A few kale chips on the side (behind).

9BF04D53-C220-4BFC-9691-9C8711C3E7AB.jpeg 6B385D8B-E724-49BF-93EE-062F6D6C01ED.jpeg

Put duck eggs to the test today and they work! Today poached for Huevos Rancheros. Vegetarian as my mental note to pick up some chorizo, at the market this morning, went missing. Still using up a package of what i thought i was grabbing tortillas but was these fat masa pancakes labelled gorditas. They're really good, will seek them out again for a lot of the dishes we've had with tortillas.

file-26.jpeg
file1-14.jpeg

dave

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Wow @davent, that looks excellent!

Tonight was a new recipe try for me. Pan seared pork loin chops with apples & sage, and roasted garlic colcannon

fullsizeoutput_1fc.jpeg

A new iteration on pizza dough, new recipe plus tweaking, why follow the rules. 48-72 hour New York style dough and then two new never tried before topping setups and a new baking methodology to try... have to find a nice fresh juicy pineapple.

file-27.jpeg

dave

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Thanks BT!
Looking good down in Texas! New recipe, now is it a keeper, need some tweaks...?

dave

Was really good as is. I was a bit concerned because the wife isn't big into sauces, but she cleaned her plate. so two big thumbs up here.

Recipe is from Rachel Allen's "Irish Family Food" cookbook

An old favourite: Normandy style chicken. Braise chicken in cider, add a splash of cream, job's a good 'un.

Chef's helper: a Rioja rose - not sure I will choose it again. Average at best

Music: Dusty, BBC Sessions. I need a change of underpants, this is so good.

IMG_3166.JPG
IMG_3165.JPG
IMG_3164.JPG
IMG_3163.JPG
IMG_3162.JPG
IMG_3161.JPG
IMG_3160.JPG

Top Bottom