What's new

Whats cooking in 2019?

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Wow, some excellent looking preparations and pictures!

Here's my humble contribution...

Tonight is stuffed roasted Cornish hens
Image 1-14-19 at 5.48 PM.jpg

Shrimp, Bok choy, snap peas, red pepper, mushrooms, 2 types of onion, tomato, garlic, cilantro and zucchini cooked in coconut milk with tumeric, hot pepper paste and a touch of fish sauce. Topped on a bed of brown basmati rice. Sauce includes tamarind, five star anise and chilli oil.

D905550C-A16A-4BF5-B9DB-20CE7BBDBC34.jpeg

Very aromatic.

No pictures, but homemade gyro meat and pitas this week. I will 100% be doing this again if I can track down ground lamb at a reasonable price again. Everything was so easy to do, but lengthy. Very much a BBQ type process.

Turned some mashed potatoes with bacon, garbanzos, and kale, into a soup by adding in coconut creme, mustard, a can of albacore, and chicken stock. With kale chips on the side. 6FA012C2-EB9C-4A99-ACFF-9EC1A7F39486.jpeg5211D600-E8F9-4673-9163-CC775F2403F0.jpeg805B712F-2641-4CD3-80B0-C2C7E0DBC85D.jpeg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
No pictures, but homemade gyro meat and pitas this week. I will 100% be doing this again if I can track down ground lamb at a reasonable price again. Everything was so easy to do, but lengthy. Very much a BBQ type process.
And you're just going to dangle that out there, huh? :lol:

Today's experimental cooking extravaganza...

Bought a box of ducks eggs to try, never eaten one before. Not sorted for size like chicken eggs, my box (half dozen) ranged in size from 65g - 95g, large chicken eggs are 60g. Creamy shell colour rather then white (i buy brown) and the shells thicker much more robust. Fried one up, tastes like chicken.

And on a sad note, after 30 plus years of faithful service, months long cycling trip in Europe stirring our nightly big pot of bike fuel, the wooden spoon snapped in two while my wife was washing it up after dinner, very sad end.

IMG_E2928.JPG
file1-12.jpeg
file-23.jpeg
file-22.jpeg
file2-7.jpeg

dave

Last edited:
Ended up making more pita tonight and made a last gyro with leftover scraps.

Good thing I'm making more gyro meat tomorrow :D
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
I was about to say pics or it never happened, ha! Looks great. I love gyros. I'm still trying to get the definitive correct pronunciation though. I say it like the European currency, but I've heard that Greek people say it more like yee-row. Anyone that tells me it's pronounced like gyroscope, I believe they are trying to troll me.

I was about to say pics or it never happened, ha! Looks great. I love gyros. I'm still trying to get the definitive correct pronunciation though. I say it like the European currency, but I've heard that Greek people say it more like yee-row. Anyone that tells me it's pronounced like gyroscope, I believe they are trying to troll me.
Pronounced like hero.

My daughter's been working in Greece for parts of the last four years, five trips last year, and she says the pronunciation is very close to how we say the currency, slightly different, maybe not even noticeable to our ear.
dave

Top Bottom