What's new

What'd I miss?

So, back on the forum after a ten year hiatus, under a different user name because I no longer have the email address that I used to register the first time.

Over the last decade I've really settled into a groove with a simple rotation:

EJ Chatsworth DE razor
Rooney brush, mid loft, silver tip
Super Iridium blades in the old blue and silver packaging (fortunately I still have about a thousand of them in reserve as they're discountinued)
Mitchell's Wool Fat soap in the Spring/Summer
L'Occitane Cade in the Fall/Winter

When I was last on the forum Tabac was hot stuff, everyone raved about Feather blades, and people were hunting down pucks of the old Penhaligons tallow soap like they were on a grail quest. So what's new?

Welcome back. L'Occitane Cade soap has been reformulated, to the worse I hear. Sorry to bear sad tidings!

Welcome back!!!
I am also back after 5 years hiatus.
But instill was able to recover my old account, but at some point they update the forum so I can't see anything from back then, or at least I don't know how to.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
So, back on the forum after a ten year hiatus, under a different user name because I no longer have the email address that I used to register the first time.

EJ Chatsworth DE razor
Super Iridium blades in the old blue and silver packaging (fortunately I still have about a thousand of them in reserve as they're discountinued)

When I was last on the forum Tabac was hot stuff, everyone raved about Feather blades, and people were hunting down pucks of the old Penhaligons tallow soap like they were on a grail quest. So what's new?
Welcome back! And also to @stoof2010 !

EJ Chatsworth DE razor

I essentially did the same thing. Life got in the way years ago when my first son was born so I never spent much time on the forums...till the spring when everything shut down.

I am still trying to figure out all these new razor models. There is just so much more available now!

Welcome back!

What's new?

Nothin' much... or maybe a lot. Kinda depends on how you look at it 😂

Feather blades are still the best, a couple of praise worthy artisan soaps emerged.

Debates whether SR or DE is "better" still rages.

So, you'll get up to speed quickly.

I still think Tabac should be banned 🤢🤮😂

There ya have it... sort of.

Welcome back!

What's new?

Nothin' much... or maybe a lot. Kinda depends on how you look at it [emoji23]

Feather blades are still the best, a couple of praise worthy artisan soaps emerged.

Debates whether SR or DE is "better" still rages.

So, you'll get up to speed quickly.

I still think Tabac should be banned [emoji1785][emoji2961][emoji23]

There ya have it... sort of.

I have to get my hands on some Tabac. Clearly you’re not a fan but it has its followers! I like the classic flavors personally though

Thanks guys, sounds like dmshaver nailed it with “the more things change, the more they stay the same.".

Looking forward to reading about some of those newer soaps, kind of a bummer to hear that cade was reformulated. I might just fall back on D.R. Harris, I always found that Marlborough was a similar scent. Hopefully they haven't reformulated too!

Thanks guys, sounds like dmshaver nailed it with “the more things change, the more they stay the same.".

Looking forward to reading about some of those newer soaps, kind of a bummer to hear that cade was reformulated. I might just fall back on D.R. Harris, I always found that Marlborough was a similar scent. Hopefully they haven't reformulated too!
You might want to give a shot to DRH Windsor, that one wasn't around 10 years ago. Performance is great, as all DRH hard soaps. Scent is - well - you either like it or not (I do).

Top Bottom