What's new

What was your carry today?

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
FN 1906 Vest Pocket most likely made in 1913 or 1914:
proxy.php

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
While I'll be leaving the house with three pistols today, going to the range and back I'll be toten' the SIG 365. S&W 686 for the revolver match and a Glock 19 to sight in a new RMR.

That's how Milt Sparks does the Summer Special. On IWB holsters the rough side out kinda grabs the clothing to be more stable and the smooth side in makes for a smoother draw?
That was my reasoning. With horsehide, the rough side is not as rough as with cowhide.

It's surely safe to say I own my fair share of firearms😳. And I love most of them...others I may just like a lot.
Last night I was asked if I had to resort to carrying JUST ONE, what may that be. Thought a while. Initial response was a Glock.
Thought more...decided that in the REAL WORLD, no one really needs much more than this:
IMG_2675 copy.jpg

While my Commander length 1911 is my normal carry (see prior page), these little fella's do get carried a lot. There are always times and places that require a bit more discretion or simple convenience. It is nice that the two pocket holsters fit either gun.

S&W 642 and Sig P238.

proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It's surely safe to say I own my fair share of firearms😳. And I love most of them...others I may just like a lot.
Last night I was asked if I had to resort to carrying JUST ONE, what may that be. Thought a while. Initial response was a Glock.
Thought more...decided that in the REAL WORLD, no one really needs much more than this:
View attachment 1210907
Yup-I'm the same way. The 442/642 is a great little platform as evidenced by my preceding post!;)

While my Commander length 1911 is my normal carry (see prior page), these little fella's do get carried a lot. There are always times and places that require a bit more discretion or simple convenience. It is nice that the two pocket holsters fit either gun.

S&W 642 and Sig P238.

proxy.php

Got a P238 SAS, and a S&W 342 AirLite ti. That S&W is so light it hurts to shoot, and I did try pocket carrying it a couple of years, but my wife kept seeing the gun butt so Got a couple of Sigs a P238 and P938, My thinking is the 938 is just about the perfect pocket carry. Now if they could only make a slightly more compact version of the P365, maybe 3/8-12" shorter barrel and an 8x1 capacity, should be just about perfection for pocket carry.

Got a P238 SAS, and a S&W 342 AirLite ti. That S&W is so light it hurts to shoot, and I did try pocket carrying it a couple of years, but my wife kept seeing the gun butt so Got a couple of Sigs a P238 and P938, My thinking is the 938 is just about the perfect pocket carry. Now if they could only make a slightly more compact version of the P365, maybe 3/8-12" shorter barrel and an 8x1 capacity, should be just about perfection for pocket carry.

Yeah, the Airweight series is as light as I want to go in .38+p. The Ti or Scandium framed wheelguns are certainly not pleasant to shoot, and I find myself shooting them poorly as I anticipate the brutal recoil in those.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
It's a Desantis Cozy Carry IWB I picked up at Bass Pro to hold me over until I can wait for something nicer to get in my hands. Damn thing still cost me $80. I have to be careful with my money now that I'm unemployed. :)

For $80, it certainly looks like a nice getup. I have yet to get a holster for my Dan Wesson, but I don't intend to carry it, which obviously changes the need for a holster.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
If the prices and availability of everything didn't get so wild this past year, then i probably would have purchased a rig by now. Some of the leather makers have crazy wait times right now.

Get something like I did until the high quality one get's in. The good thing about a 1911 is, holsters on the shelf will fit various brands and models. The Desantis I just got from Bass Pro, fitted 4 and 5 inch models of S&W, Kimber, SA, Colt, DW and others.

The fit is so good, to me, it looks like they used a Springfield to bone the leather. If they didn't, I can't tell. :) I have a leather 3 slot OWB, coming in for my Ruger SP101 from Ebay. A holster company called Masc holsters.

It's a quality leather holster. I wanted a 3 slot adjustable for cant holster for my revolver and couldn't find one to save my life. Desantis actually makes one for the 2 1/4" barrel SP101, but not for the 3 1/16" like mine. I couldn't find another company that produces a 3 slot adjustable, only 2 slots.

The three slot will allow me to cant the gun forward in FBI cant when I want to carry at 4 o'clock and then it will let me go back to 90 degrees when I want it on my hip or just forward of my hip for a straight up and out draw. The FBI cant will also help when traveling in the car for crossdraw carry. Not bad for $65.

I like quality and name brand as much as the next guy. But I always put form and function as my number 1 priority It can't just function or work. It has to function and work my way and only my way. This is why I still carry a Glock in an Uncle Mike's. No matter how many people turn their nose up at me and laugh. :)

Last edited:
These are the two simple rigs when I carry either the Ruger SR1911CMD or the Smith 642 OWB. I've always liked speed scabbard pancakes with a forward cant, and stumbled across The Masters Holsters a while back at my local range. The J Frame holster is probably 10 years old while the 1911 holster is probably 5 yrs. I never carry openly so don't feel the need for retention systems. Solid leather.

The J Frame is usually carried in a front pocket in either a Desantis Nemesis or Mika holster, but there are occasions when I carry it on the belt. It rides so light I sometimes forget it's there. The 1911 rides high and tight. I carry both at 3 or 3:30 on the belt.

Cheers all

proxy.php

Top Bottom