What's new

What TV series you watching?

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
SAS Rogue Heroes. Based on the book of the same name. Some liberties taken but overall pretty good. It's adapted for TV by Stephen Knight (Peaky Blinders).
I lasted half an episode of SAS Rogue Heroes before giving up. Walk towards the camera in moody slow motion, rock music soundtrack in 3...2...1... and repeat ad infinitum. It all seems very Tarantino to me and that is tiresome when Tarantino does it. Now you mention it I can see the Peaky Blinders influence, another series which I disliked for the same reasons. I guess I am not the target audience.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I'm mainly watching Andor right now, and watching earlier episodes again it is so good. Didn't expect this show to be so good.

I'm more intrigued by this series with each episode. I'm not much of a Star Wars fan and while this is a Star Wars series, it doesnt feel like it is. I had no idea about the Cassian Andor character and had to look it up last night.

This could be a really fantastic series as it progresses.

I lasted half an episode of SAS Rogue Heroes before giving up. Walk towards the camera in moody slow motion, rock music soundtrack in 3...2...1... and repeat ad infinitum. It all seems very Tarantino to me and that is tiresome when Tarantino does it. Now you mention it I can see the Peaky Blinders influence, another series which I disliked for the same reasons. I guess I am not the target audience.
Yes, it is a bit like Marmite!

Hope Street (Ireland), Green Glove Gang (Poland), Midnight Diner and Midnight Diner:Tokyo Stories (Japan). The Midnight Diner eps are short so make great fillers.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I'm most of the way through Episode 6 (last one). It's all very confusing, jumping back & forth through time eras.
I like those kind of shows, so long as it is well written/acted/directed, which this is. Capaldi is very good.

I managed to stay with Dark while they did that but now it sounds even more interesting. The reviews had me wondering.

Just finisned All or Nothing: New Zealand All Blacks and theb started All or Nothing: Dallas Cowboys.

The All Blacks season has been my favourite so far, a very grounded and down to earth team from one of the most dominating rugby/sporting dynasties of all time.

I just finished the 1st season of The Americans on Hulu. I don't know how long ago I had heard of this show but it sounded interesting to me and I wanted to watch it but didn't have access to it so it fell off of my radar. It wasn't until very recently that I discovered that it was now available on Hulu so I checked it out. I'm really enjoying it, I think it's well done and the beauty of it is that the series is over so I'll be able to binge the whole series with no waiting.

Top Bottom