What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Joseph Allen & Sons

9CD99BCF-30D9-4480-BBCD-61103C09C897.jpeg

I was an active follower of the diamond balsa method for months but started gradually moving away from it as I got better at natural edges.
Same here

Razor 1: Geneva. Wasn't happy with this on the last shave so it got introduced to the Ozuku which I haven't used in a while with Aiiwatani nagura followed by tomo nagura. Just needed to test but it's a nice 8/10 now.

Razor 2: Dubl Duck Satinedge finished on 1um film but stropped on 0.3um film. This thing is smooth but extremely sharp so you have to remind yourself constantly to go light with it.

Brush: Homemade badger which is needed for this soap

Soap: Razorock Puros tobacco leaf. Meh, not really a fan of this. It lathers ok but the slickness just isn't there for an ultra sharp blade. It's tallow based so this surprises me.
Might be better for something with a coticule edge that's less likely to bite. Felt like having a smoke after using it.

PXL_20220704_163512660.jpg

Shave 33 and I think I am finally getting the hang of it. Two passes (W/X), plus touchups for a shave I could definitely wear to the office and client meetings with confidence. Still feeling my way around the XTG pass, but it is starting to come together. Who knew a shave could be this exhilarating? :)

Top Bottom