What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

J. Chadwick - haven’t been able to dig up much on this but I believe it to be a circa 1820 Sheffield. The only guild reference to a Chadwick was a man who was apprenticed in 1810.

BFCFFFB1-1336-4199-9350-562E68F0D1D7.jpeg

Friodur for me today too. I was an active follower of the diamond balsa method for months but started gradually moving away from it as I got better at natural edges. This razor is one of the few that I've taken back to the balsa though...it absolutely shines. 4 passes because why not, and just a tingle from the splash.

Vielong horse, Arko, and Bignoli Agrumi di Mediterraneo for the splash.
20220703_111524~2.jpg

ERN Crown & Sword

FE60D466-CD2C-4B7C-84DC-C50BE87FCCCF.jpeg

It’s amazing how stones get better just from sitting in the shelf for a year. It was my far and away my best Coticule edge yet. The HHT was average but the shave was great. Just wiped away the whiskers. Maybe it was the Mikawa slurry.

Sharp eyes. The gauge was not meant as a reference. You would be thinking of my father, F.&A.M. Hagerstown, Indiana #49.

I have been actively remembering him lately. This was his apron for any stone work:
View attachment 1482340
So you are what we call a "Lewis". On account of my surname I am a "double Lewis", because that is my surname and because my father is also a Mason.

Have you ever considered joining our fraternity?

Pre-Shave: hot water & GFT Ecruris Skinfood
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Classic
Soap: Proraso Red, bowl lathered
Razor: John Heiffor "made for the army"
Strop: Invisible Edge standard plus canvas backed hanging strop
Post-shave: Cold water, alum block and Geo F Trumper Ecuris Skin Food
Edt: Brut

20220704_082118.jpg

2 days of stubble are no match for vintage Sheffield steel.

:straight::thumbup1:

Top Bottom