What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Razor: Geneva - Not sure if I've ever used this before although I've had it ages. I busted the scales restoring this. They look great so I wanted to keep them but they're quite flimsy and had to reposition the pivot pin. Peened a second pin into the original hole to cover my tracks. Shave was 6/10 and I can't remember what edge is on it so it'll need a trip back to the stones.
Soap: Speick Active - Loving my Speick soaps recently
Brush: Homemade Badger High mountain Silvertip. I love this lather pillow.

PXL_20220701_123043927.jpg

6/8 Wester Brothers / Stirling Orange Chill / vintage ER reknotted Boar / Avon Tai Winds in the 65 Mustang -- #49 - my first "full" straight (or any shave) since ~11 May to heal after a dermatology treatment so I've been gone a while. I left the goatee, but took the nearly 2-month beard off with a single pass, a clean up and with no blood drawn. It sure feels great to be rid of all of that fur, I really missed the shaving experience and the prep, etc., I was nervous that I'd be rusty, but I just cleared my mind and I was amazed at how muscle memory just kicked in after nearly two months and how effortlessly the blade handled the whiskers without any drama, just satisfying audible feedback and terrific face feel afterward.
8E188FD7-CAAF-467B-B5FA-309EE6137A59.jpeg

Top Bottom