What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Gurosan, 14.
proxy.php

Henkel’s Friodur 472
LaToja stick
Maggard’s 18mm travel synth

On vacation and my go-to razor is the Friodur because 1) its stainless 2) It is the nicest shaving razor in my collection that I am confident that I could replace quickly and at reasonable cost should it get lost. For this particular vacation I am hanging out at the in-laws and taking advantage of access to my father-in-law’s woodshop. For this visit the theme will be brush handles. I spent a good part of today reacquainting myself with the function and use of various gouges and scrapers but by day‘s end had knocked out a handle from basswood. A number of mistakes made and lessons relearned, but should be in good shape for tomorrow, when I will start working with the good stuff. :cool:

88E6C283-43F4-4655-B5D7-BBEAD0DAA510.jpeg

TI, Wolf and Sheep 6/8, blade seems bigger
Love hate relationship turned to love,,,
First straight as newbi several months ago
First shave on a shave ready ( not) new razor, 3 cuts, horrible painful experience, posted efforts and u guys convinced me to keep at it, Razor was not ready,,, help from you guys again and touched razor up to shaving and down the hole i fell, oh back to razor and point, while using and shaving with this tool, I now love the razor, reason if honed correctly it is a marvelous tool, As a newbi, wife said what you want for holiday said gonna try SR,,,,purchased this razor on looks alone being new, and now several months in i would describe long courtship were I needed to truly master an edge on this c135 steel,
The grind design and hardness is amazing, if honed correctly, ive hone her few times and got great edges but only recently, have learned to master my stones and again with you guys help, achieving blissful phenomenal edges,, and took me awhile to love this razor , and the steel now but took months
Reference blade, seems bigger than 6/8?
Soaps, tub 13 yrs old or so,( 2 tubs and another tub of bay rum[emoji3]
Cold River Soapworks L, Orange [emoji521]
Creamy goodness
( i have so many old soaps need to use up)
New stone is amazing in den,,,
Per vendor , creates edges crisp and sharp, comparable to Nakayama, ( bold statement),,,
Never tried to legendary nakayama yet,,, ( rolling dice, come on lucky 7)[emoji3]
Maybe one day, but this stone, is no joke and thier was a wow factor from edge and shave,,,,
Whatever rock strada this is, first choice slab, smooth buttery, hard stone,,,,tomo no joke and is mini hone size,, sorry for extra notes but wanted to share thoughts,
Cheers all

proxy.php

proxy.php

Sun 1st SR SOTD
Soap Stirling Lemon Chill
Brush Zenith 28mm Scrubby B14 Boar
Razor Henkels & Friodur 472
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + HA + Reuzel Wood & Spice.
Consistently good lather from Stirling soaps and this was no exception...nicely creamy, slick, and coooold!
This would be the 4th shave with this razor with a jnat edge but the 2nd after the pasted balsa strop. It was a good enjoyable 3+1passes for a better result of dfs to ccs instead of sas. The edge felt smooth and was able to comfortably cut more efficiently. Aftershaves were fantastic!
20210730_211050.jpg
20210801_120802.jpg

And you know what? I face lather almost exclusively! If I might ask, why do you say that? The handles? I do like my Barber's handles!
IMHO those longer handles are perfect for bowl lathering.
I have several Rooneys and the Victorian is my favorite for
bowl lathering. I love my 2XL the most but mt hands get
pretty soapy when bowl lathering with it.

Top Bottom