PDP
Yaqi 24mm Violet Synth
Tony Miller Horween Strop
Jnat Shobu Finish
Pinaud Clubman
20210802_054259.jpg

be well all.

camo

I’ve been testing stones for the past two days, a piece of Italian slate from a pool table and a new JNat. This is actually yesterday’s shave with the slate edge and it was excellent - details in the honing thread. Soap was Stirling Lime and the AS was Myrsol Limon, a great hot weather pair, and a Keyhole 3 did the lathering honors.

Today’s shave was with the same razor honed on a new JNat, so I won’t bore you with the same razor two days in a row. Here’s an oldie but a still a nice pair.

View attachment 1305120View attachment 1305121
If I ever was to see a Grelot like those two I'd definitely would bid for it. There aren't many razors I can say that about these days. Like Smaug I'm quite comfortable with the pile I've already got hoping that no dwarves ever will come by.

proxy.php

Sergej Custom RigaRazor Rattler
Strop Martin J. Rubin 4601 New York
Morris & Forndran Antique Ivory & Tortoiseshell
Mondial Tabacco Verde
L'Occitane Aftershave Balm

Santa Maria Novella Tabacco Toscana Eau de Cologne
#jamiemahoney
I always admire the composition of your photographs. The funny thing is that I also admire your razors a lot even though your collection is very different from mine. I do have a Rigarazor though.

The eight week long heat wave seems to be over (thank God), my legs are healing fine so I've begun taking walks in the forest we live in walking like Zeb Macahan. Actually I am going to take another walk as soon as I've posted this.

• Razor: Wacker Allround, a perfect second razor after your inital Ralf Aust. It is a very user friendly razor and an entry level luxury razor.
  • Soap: Wickham 1912 Citrus Musk
  • Face cream: Nivea (the regular blue metal jar)
  • EdC: Crabtree&Evelyn West Indian Lime
  • Strop: Bison (today known as Ezra Arthur) 3" horse hide strop. The same strop I've been using on a daily basis the last seven years. My other very good strops that are hanging in a wardrobe collecting dust.
I wish you all a great week

20210731_093122.jpg
20210801_151925.jpg

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Jamie @Mr Bedlington has gotten me into a rattler mood, and I only have a small number of them. This one is a 7/8 Gauthier from Pont St Esprit, undoubtedly a Thiers Issard, scaled in Turkish burl by Alfredo. Soap was Mitchell’s Wool Fat lathered with a Duke 3 copy in 2-band, and a splash of Myrsol Blue gave me the powder fix for the day.

02DBB896-12DB-4C2F-B8A7-8B3B91AFFFC9.jpeg

I always admire the composition of your photographs. The funny thing is that I also admire your razors a lot even though your collection is very different from mine. I do have a Rigarazor though.

Thank you, my photos are pretty straightforward really, for me It's all about picking the right light which coincides with the sunset, for instance, the shot you see was taken about 7.30 pm last evening, in my back garden on a small stainless steel plate, the reddish hue you see reflecting back on the plate is reflected off a red wooden background fence, the camera I use is a Sony a6400. mirrorless camera with a Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS lens, If I remember correctly for this shot the shutter speed was 1/240th of a second with a fixed F4 aperture, the camera was handheld I'm pretty confident holding the camera with shutter speeds down to about 1/60th of a second.

I was spouting off about the 1937 Spécial Coiffeur last evening, so I felt honor bound to give it the first pass today. I took it through the full .5/.25/.1u strop progession. Hanging hair test result is getting quite good, as is the stubble reduction performance on 40+ hour whiskers.
Mama Bear Haitian Vetiver/ Ever-Ready 550 re-knotted
Ever-Ready 1912/ Pal Blue Carbon to finish things off
15BBD2C8-5AF7-42C3-9D93-E16AD2D86451.jpeg

Jamie @Mr Bedlington has gotten me into a rattler mood, and I only have a small number of them. This one is a 7/8 Gauthier from Pont St Esprit, undoubtedly a Thiers Issard, scaled in Turkish burl by Alfredo. Soap was Mitchell’s Wool Fat lathered with a Duke 3 copy in 2-band, and a splash of Myrsol Blue gave me the powder fix for the day.

View attachment 1305722
Splendid specimen and excellent restoration. What makes you think it is a Thiers Issard though?
I have spent a lot of time looking at vintage French razors and I do not think I ever saw a Thiers Issard rattler. Typically the French rattlers I have seen were from Gelles Freres or unmarked. Maybe Dumas Ainé too, but I am not sure.
I have one similar to yours that was just marked "Therese", unfortunately I do not know anything else about it

Attachments

• 2018_09_29.jpg
    2018_09_29.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 12
Top Bottom