What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

And you know what? I face lather almost exclusively! If I might ask, why do you say that? The handles? I do like my Barber's handles!
IMHO those longer handles are perfect for bowl lathering.
I have several Rooneys and the Victorian is my favorite for
bowl lathering. I love my 2XL the most but mt hands get
pretty soapy when bowl lathering with it.

Razor: Japanese Parker 510, Swedish steel
Edge: By Alfredo
Soap: Barrister & Mann Bay Rum
Brush: High Mountain White knot set in jade by Elite Razor
After splash: Lucky Tiger

This blade came in with a smile at one end and a frown on the other. I could never have honed this and @Doc226 outdid himself here. The shave was quite smooth with no irritation. I found that the Barrister & Mann produced the richest lather I have made to date. I only have a small sample but will buy a full puck when it runs out. Best to all and stay safe!

Parker.jpg

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I’ve been testing stones for the past two days, a piece of Italian slate from a pool table and a new JNat. This is actually yesterday’s shave with the slate edge and it was excellent - details in the honing thread. Soap was Stirling Lime and the AS was Myrsol Limon, a great hot weather pair, and a Keyhole 3 did the lathering honors.

Today’s shave was with the same razor honed on a new JNat, so I won’t bore you with the same razor two days in a row. Here’s an oldie but a still a nice pair.

89FE31C3-8B2F-4F2F-8B49-BFB191678AF8.jpeg 3F03C6F4-F988-495E-9C28-839B94336F1F.jpeg

Filimonica 13 6/8 ,
Bring new, got hit with fili bug, ( you guys fault posting pics,) snagged my first fili off bay
Was quickly advised that it is stongly recommended that purchasing a fili, to look for JMP mark on tang as 3rd gen and 4th quality issues
( rookie mistake)., but luckily above razor most likely a 3rd gen model

Razor honed up but took longer than what was used too but surprisingly razor had never bern honed and took longer,,, upon honing up razor took a fabulous edge i got about 30 marvelous shaves and could probably go longer
Luckily this blank was an excellent grind, and a gem ,,,,,
Few notes, strongly recommend if buying Fili, obtain one with JMP, and dont be afraid to consult with experts in this forum, i was lucky as this razor is an amazing shaver
Special thanks to forum member who educated me
Luckily this is a marvelous razor and grind
I own another jmp 13,,,it’s amazing as well but this 13 Novodor has different grind than my other 13
Both amazing but surprisingly different shavers
New jnat edge
Shave superb

Top Bottom