What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

I agree 100% about Ralph Aust.I have one of his 7/8 on deck for Sunday.Have a great weekend with junior.
Thank you we're watching a movie with Will Smith on the big screen TV while eating popcorn and enjoying the soft lightly rain soaked breeze that comes in through the open porch doors. I couldn't ask for more,well perhaps for a better movie. Back to the movie.
... I find the Aust 7/8 to be a great razor too.

D3FB2B34-7EB9-4D60-910F-CFC9D7144E15.jpeg
White is not just white

With the addition of a Universal shavette and the MMOC, I haven't been using all 7 of my "weekly set". The most neglected has been the Taylor's Eye Witness. Had to rectify that this morning.
IMG_20190817_120605-01.jpeg

7/8 Taylor Eye Witness, full hollow
Arko (17 for 17 for Arko August)
Omega 636 Silvertip

Why do I overlook this razor? Great shave as always. Almost as "effortless" as my Friodur 72 1/2 and every bit as close and comfortable.

This is my first post here! I'm two months into straight shaving, and I only own three shave ready razors. This is my favorite - A restored 6/8 Boker with Spanish Oak scales :001_wub:

My wife actually bought it for me at an antique store. It was covered in rust, and I broke the original scales taking it apart. But I'm happy with the way it turned out.

IMG_20190817_223740912.jpg

This is my first post here! I'm two months into straight shaving, and I only own three shave ready razors. This is my favorite - A restored 6/8 Boker with Spanish Oak scales :001_wub:

My wife actually bought it for me at an antique store. It was covered in rust, and I broke the original scales taking it apart. But I'm happy with the way it turned out.

View attachment 1009016
Welcome to the forum, James. It looks like you did a nice restoration on the Boker.

Thanks @evnpar ! I've been on the forum since 2012, and I lurked for at least a year before that. I'd been using DE razors for 8 years before deciding to finally try straights a few months ago. I wish I'd made the plunge earlier!

Top Bottom