DSC00196.JPG

Diamond Hayashi 888
Strop Martin J. Rubin 4601 New York
Muhle Fibre Silvertip XL
Soap Grooming Dept English Lavender
Castle Forbes Lavender Balm
Dior Sauvage Elixir Edp

1685213538967.jpeg

Very nice shave today. Puck of MWF in the bowl, Oumo Manchurian brush, a restored double duck (not the original scales) , and Sterling Black Ice AS. I really like the Black Ice AS but boy it grabs you by the boo-boo when you apply it!!

The bowl is actually a Julie Moore Dirty Bird who just passed away recently. Using her stuff makes me think her life and her work live on as she put her heart into these shaving bowls and scuttles.

Torrey Tuesday.
Frameback Friday.
Silly Saturday!
Would I do this to a vintage blade? No. That’s what GD’s are for. Try your hand at reshaping, grinding, sanding, finishing and see what it takes should the need arise on a vintage restore in some capacity.
I reshaped the spine into bamboo which tapers over the length . Left in a sanded finish to contrast the polished blade .
Made a single pin scale out of a bamboo cutting board and carved it to look similar to bamboo. It’s been a long time but it’s one of the most consistent shaving razors in my lineup.
Goofy as it looks.
A 19 degree bevel? I don’t know but I’ll duplicate it in others to see.
IMG_2671.jpeg
IMG_2672.jpeg
IMG_2673.jpeg

Another British wedge
My first acquired Sheffield a W&B 7/8 wedge. It came with deer antler scales, more a knife handle really - the whole thing weighed 90g and was very unwieldy to use. I made these replacement horn scales dropping the weight by 20g. Honestly I should thin these scales down 1-2mm more, a project for some day in the future. Great shave as always. 😀
IMG_6487.jpeg

Top Bottom