What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Razor Wade & Butcher 13/16 Wedge
This razor's performance is improved from the last use after another session on the HBA...
20230528_094228.jpg

Last edited:
Torrey Tuesday.
Frameback Friday.
Silly Saturday!
Would I do this to a vintage blade? No. That’s what GD’s are for. Try your hand at reshaping, grinding, sanding, finishing and see what it takes should the need arise on a vintage restore in some capacity.
I reshaped the spine into bamboo which tapers over the length . Left in a sanded finish to contrast the polished blade .
Made a single pin scale out of a bamboo cutting board and carved it to look similar to bamboo. It’s been a long time but it’s one of the most consistent shaving razors in my lineup.
Goofy as it looks.
A 19 degree bevel? I don’t know but I’ll duplicate it in others to see.View attachment 1661308View attachment 1661309View attachment 1661310
That is so awesome, great work

For this long Memorial Day weekend kicking off summer, celebrations and cookouts are in order .
If you’re old enough you’ll remember Chevrolet’s ad
“See the USA , in your Chevrolet “

And “Baseball , Hot Dogs , Apple pie and Chevrolet”

Yeah? I’m that old. The same year this classic Chevy was made ushering in the beginning of muscle cars. Always an American iconic car.

It’s 11 years since I built it along with 6 other GDs for the 2012 GD competition.
I made the acrylic to make the body in that distinctive color that matches the photo. ( I restored an actual 57 pick up in the same color)
The spine matches the body contours. And who can cruise without fuzzy dice?
If you notice I cut the fin and taillight into the spine /tip of the blade. Should have had the grind marks go lengthwise for another detail. Oh well.
I also made a Hurst 4 speed shifter brush with “rubber “ boot and aluminum shaft. I also made all this acrylic too because I needed enough to turn the handle .
Now, I’m gonna let this classic cruise my face and retire to a cookout! Enjoy your weekend everyone.
BTW a couple of these are photos from 2012. Can’t believe that sticky is still around.
IMG_2662.jpeg
IMG_2661.jpeg
IMG_2670.jpeg
IMG_2691.jpeg

Last edited:

The Razor ..
Thiers-Issard Le Grelot-Like in Carbonsong. This is a rather nice T-I.. It shows none of the issues associated with modern T-I razors. The bevels, while not extremely small, are quite even.. which is all I care about.

The Strop ..
Scrupleworks Vegetable Tanned Horsehide.. Old Reliable.

The Brush ..
Simpsons M-7 in Manchurian.

The Soap ..
Palmolive Shave sticks milled into Old Spice Mug

The Finish ..
Pinaud's Lilac Vegetal... Nearing the end of the season for it..

proxy.php

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
This morning I started working my way through my English M7DS of Titan ACRO T.H-70 SRs performing two x three-pass shaves each day (morning and evening). Each razor was finished and is maintained on diamond pasted balsa strops.

IMG_20230529_123426.jpg

Monday is "Monday" AM and "Tuesday" PM
Tuesday is "Wednesday" AM and "Thursday" PM
Wednesday is "Friday" AM and "Saturday" PM
Thursday is "Sunday" AM and "Monday" PM
Friday is "Tuesday" AM and "Wednesday" PM
etc.

Top Bottom