Eleven Patchouli, Amber & Oak Aftershave Balm
Kent B8 Silver Tip Badger Brush
30066775-93A3-48EB-8941-2AFDB52883F4.jpeg
56579D6E-73E3-4E74-8D63-073078F27CB7.jpeg
E7766FFF-238C-4DE6-B2CF-F4B9B72D7E78.jpeg

Heljestrand Royal Kindal (reverse side)
Pacific Shaving Company Cream
SOC Boar

Showing the reverse side of the razor, with some scale damage. The blade does not quite fit in the scales properly. The blade toe actually hits the wedge when you close it, even though the wedge has clearly been filed back a bit. A little surprising as I have checked other Royal Kindals on eBay and this is definitely the original scales. I have some black horn scales sitting around waiting to be used, maybe I will put on this razor to give it a nicer look. That said, it shaved quite nice, 3 passes with no irritation this morning!

2670FB6C-5162-4F99-9777-8715EE6B3D19.jpeg

I tried exactly one time to post a photo of my “shave of the day” including the strop. Afterwards I discovered that I had put a nick in the strop, haven’t tried it since! :-(
Oh no, I’m sorry to hear that bad news but thank you for reminding me to be careful. I would hate to have nicked that one it’s a kangaroo hide that I just acquired two weeks ago

Cape 35 Meiji 100 Year Anniversary Japanese Straight Razor
Swedish Steel
9th shave on this refined edge, Shobu Mizu Asagi
Noble Otter, Northern Elixer,
Face wash upon shaving remaining soap, extra cold water, had water in cup with ice in it, placed remaining soap on face and rinse with cup of ice water, chilling in a good way, frozen lake cold,
Face feel amazing, I will be feeling my face all evening, wanted to try something different with cup ice water, it worked, shave prep hot water pre and during shave, then finished with ice 🧊

Feels good to create a edge on a razor from scratch and being able to compare with other hone master edges

Extremely enjoyable shave, no irritation, bbs
Cheers
proxy.php

Torrey Tuesday, my first in quite a while, because...
F427D042-4E96-4D2F-AF22-7E0DDDE38F67.jpeg

I continue to have difficulty convincing this razor to hold its edge. Today: pre-shave HHT grade A, first pass good stubble reduction and comfort, second pass not getting much closer, post-pass 2 HHT grade B at best. Lots of clean up work left for my Improved Star lather catcher. If I ever get this razor edge to hold, I will have learned something about honing. Still trying to figure out what that something is.

Top Bottom