What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Bastille Day shave with a Fontenille frameback
2020_07_14.jpg

Tallow Tuesday
7/14/20
💈SOTD💈
Razor:J.A. Henckels 33 Near Wedge
Brush: Omega 10098 Professional Boar
Lather: WSP Formula T Bay Rum (Tallow Base)
Astringent: Osma Alum block
Splash: Ogallala Bay Rum Lime and Peppercorn.
The Omega Boar whipped up a yogurt like lather from the WSP Formula T soap that was nice and slick providing lots of cushion and protection against razor burn.
With zero irritation and on nicks or blood. Love this near wedge razor it's always a great performer when I do my part.
What a great way to end the day. Shave on fella's.
20200714_144655.jpg
20200714_145733.jpg
IMG_159251317130F.jpg

A game of follow the leader today with the two available razors I have available out here. What I did was the first pass with one razor for each side of my face, then switched razors for the second pass. It taught me a lot about the differences and similarities in both razors and I feel like I’ve really learned their quirks and personalities quite well after this shave! Used Martin de Candre from a little sample tin since the full size is super pricey. I really like it though! Very refreshing awakening scent, and I Only used very little and got a full rich lather. It may be worth Picking up the regular size down the road
Razor- late 1800s Frederick Reynolds
Razor- Wacker AllRound with 1800s bone scales
Scuttle- Steve Woodhead
Brush- Maggard Synthetic
Soap- Martin de Candre original sample

2AB04CBA-8287-4743-99FD-3B450944CC30.jpeg

Out with the old today. Finished a puck of Tabac and replaced it with a new puck of Tabac in its nice white glass home.
IMG_20200715_064830-01.jpeg

Joseph Rodgers near wedge chopper
Rudy Vey 2020 B&B Contributor's Brush
Tabac soap, AS, and EdC

Marvelous shave today. Wanted to see if my first attempt at a coticule worked as well as it seemed in last Sunday's shave. Yup, it did. Smooth and sharp today.

7-15-2020

TOYO Koken "66"
River Valley Trading Green Fields Artisan Shave Soap
Simpsons 58 Manchurian
Scrupleworks Veggie Tanned Horse .. 40/60
Thayer's Witch Hazel
Ibe Blue Aqua Velva Splash

The Koken fresh off the new Ookudo stone from Alex. Can't miss stone!
The soap was a gift from a friend in South Africa... very nice!!

proxy.php

Top Bottom