Rick Montalvo in silvertip
Tabac soap, AS, and EdC

Filarmonica 13
Caswell-Massey No.6
24mm Graydog Boar
Miller Strop
Pinaud Clubman

20200712_101439.jpg

I'm trying to remain objective. best blade I've ever honed. best blade to ever to touch my face. extraordinarily smooth feeling steel. the only question I have was.... is it the razor or changing to a kuromaku 12k? time will tell shortly with the other razors.

usually dont post lather pics but was extremely satisfied with this mornings bucket.

20200712_100416.jpg

nice soap from a company that's been around since 1752. awesomeness all around this morn. FWIW, the wife was actually a little scared of this blade.

be well all.

11/10 (yes, mine goes to eleven!)

camo

Maiden shave for this Joseph Rodgers sporting my first attempt at made-from-scratch scales and a first attempt coticule edge.
IMG_20200712_104024-01.jpeg

Joseph Rodgers "Celebrated India Steel"
CRV
Tabac (making progress on finishing it before month's end in preparation for Arko August)
TOBS Eaton College AS

So ...

The scales are fully functional, but I need to work on a more domed profile so they aren't so flat. I also want to figure out flat and scalloped wedge ends. And I need to figure out how to work with natural blemishes in horn/bone. But for now, I'm good with these for personal use.

The razor itself cleaned up nicely. I love the profile of the blade and the heft of it. I may want to remove a bit more of the patina at some point, but for now it is a testament to a well storied life so far.

The coticule edge performed well. No better and no worse than my synthetic edges despite the fact that it didn't treetop as well as my synthetic edges do. I'll see what a few trips through the pasted balsa do, but I loved the whole "one stone" thing and honing with slurry.

All in all, entirely successful tests for multiple things and BBS to boot!

Top Bottom