What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Saturday's Shave
'7/8 in Bone'
DSCN1986.JPG

Monday NOvember 25

No Repeat (mostly) NOvember. No repeats so far except for scuttle, blades, and alum. Up today, one of my special straight razors, a Snail Forge Ottoman razor - a modern take on the rare Wade & Butcher Ottoman Egyptian razor made in the early 1890's.

Bowl/Scuttle - GP12
Soap - HeV Cognac and Cuban Cigars
Brush - Paladin PK47
Blade - n/a
Razor - Snail Forge Ottoman
Post Shave - OSMA Pierre alum, HeV Cognac and Cuban Cigars Balm

Shave rating 4 of 5

I really like this razor. I think I messed up with the soap. The lather was over bubbly and kind of dry and caused a less than optimal shave. I did 2 passes, WTG and XTG, with my Ottoman razor but the lather was dry and the shave was just not good. So I cleaned off the Ottoman and put it away and did a third and final pass XTG with my Red Tip. That pass wasn't great either but the stubble was gone although my face hurt. The alum was a little more vocal that I like. The Cognac and Cuban Cigars balm soothed my face some.

Happy NOvember and great shaves everyone.
proxy.php

- Ken
[emoji1690]

Todays Shave

Bartmann 504 High Class Manganese Steel Solingen
Barocco Crema Da Barba Extro
Turn-N-Shave custom silvertip
Urbanist Homme Al Haramain aftershave

7.jpg

Thiers Issard 5/8 The Art of Shaving, Proraso sandalwood preshave, Proraso sandalwood creme, Omega boar brush, Stirling sandalwood aftershave. I did the No Shave November thing so this was my first shave in a month. The Thiers Issard got the job done in 2 passes.

Attachments

• 20191201_105018.jpg
    20191201_105018.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 11
Sunday my rotation came back around to straights so I grabbed my Greis & Co Solingen 7/8 I wanted to test out the travel hand strop with the largest razor I have it (the strop) worked perfectly after removing the thumb strap (not needed) the leather being laminated 2 layer was not floppy, and did not deform!
The shave was this..
Hot shower Stirling "Sharp dressed Man" soap and shampoo bars.
Razor-Greis & Co
Brush Custom boar in Ultem
Soap Stirling Sharp dressed Man face lathered
After GJ alum, post shave oil and a touch of witchazel.
Results fantastic 3pass BBS.
IMG_20191201_141752__01.jpg

New (to me) W. Greaves & Sons FBU.
Arko (because you can always trust it to protect with a new razor)
Maggard's Black and White
IMG_20191201_120839-01.jpeg

I was under the impression that Greaves predated the full hollow grind. Both of the below are W. Greaves & Sons. On the left is my (new) FBU and on the right is one of my other Greaves with a grind I am more accustom to.
IMG_20191201_121804-01.jpeg

Great shave with the FBU. Lots of audible feedback with this full hollow blade.

Tonights Shave 1/12/2019

Wade & Butcher Sheffield 13/16+ barbers notch
Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Herbal shaving soap in bowl
Cobolt blue lattice work 24 mm Silver Tip
Avon Bay Rum

This razor never disappoints 2 pass and a BBS without trying

39.jpg

Top Bottom