What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

5/8 Boker "Warrior"
SOTD5-25-19.jpg

E2689895-13B1-4A88-B9E0-863070EDA47A.jpeg
I am extremely surprised how well and smooth this razor works! I am almost in love!
B. Winks & Sons 11/16, Ivory, Quarter Hollow, approximately 1865

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
You’re posting some great razors this week! I’m assuming those bone scales are not stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, JR had a couple of nice vintage and I had him put them away for me. I’m going to have the Neistrom rescaled in the second pair he will fit to the razor. The Neistrom, same razor as the famed Heljestrand 24, is a near perfect razor in my opinion and it needs extreme traditional clothing. JR will polish the blade when he does it. I’m very lucky to have such a fine razor and will give it’s deserved love and attention.

Frederick Reynolds 6/8” Near Wedge
HSSC Kootenay Blue
Omega Silvertip
IMG_20190525_120004-01.jpeg

Love, love, love this razor!
The soap is a sample from the Big Shave S'West loot bag. Great scent and a really nice lather, assuming you use enough of the soap.
Happy, happy, happy shave today!

Todays shave plain and simple

Friedr Herder 77 Solingen
Denim Shaving Cream
MÜHLE Classic, X-Large Brown Horn Silvertip 26mm
Denim Aftershave

A great start to a Sunday morning

40.jpg

Beautiful razor Arne!!! :001_tt1::001_tt1::001_tt1::001_tt1::001_tt1:
Thank you Ian, I hope that everything is well with you. I just read your post in "Common vintage straights". Looking at the photographs I could nearly feel how the heart rytm of the original poster doubled and hear the screams of agony from his wallet in the knowledge of what's to come.

Straight razors could theoretically be the cheapest of shaving addictions, but once hooked it's the most expensive. Then again it's also the most interesting and most fun one.

Is there anyone who started out with a Gold Dollar 66, a really cheap boar brush, Arko and a rolled up news paper as a strop and stuck to that?

Top Bottom