What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

FINALLYYYYYY after a long wait for an awesome Japanese blade I scored one from an amazing member !! It didn’t disappoint !!

Super kikuboshi 6/8”
Yaqi R1730 Sagrada familia tuxedo synthetic
WCS oriental duck fat soap

2883F8C3-C4F9-4EFF-8CA1-520F62961806.jpeg

Heljestrand of the smaller kind. It's a great shaver, but the size might come as a disappointment if you're in to more hefty tools.
I wish you all a very nice weekend. Personally I'll try to spend most of it gardening.

20190525_062632.jpg

Heljestrand of the smaller kind. It's a great shaver, but the size might come as a disappointment if you're in to more hefty tools.
I wish you all a very nice weekend. Personally I'll try to spend most of it gardening.

I’ve got one that looks just like that. For me, it’s the reduced size of the tang and tail. It’s just small enough in my mits to be slightly uncomfortable, and causes me to pay attention. I’d say, it’s dimensionally 80% of a standard 5/8, or the 31.

My 24 is no issues in hand, but my 30 is.

I’ve got one that looks just like that. For me, it’s the reduced size of the tang and tail. It’s just small enough in my mits to be slightly uncomfortable, and causes me to pay attention. I’d say, it’s dimensionally 80% of a standard 5/8, or the 31.

My 24 is no issues in hand, but my 30 is.
I've got fairly small hands (size 8.5) so I'm fine with the 30, but I fully understand you. The 24 is a very different creation. It was made to be The Allround Razor, and as such Heljestrand produced it unaltered for +60 years. Since other makers like Hellberg, E.A. Berg and Neiström among others made exactly the same razor model it was by far the most appreciated razor model in Sweden. However as far as I now it only was sold domestically.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I've got fairly small hands (size 8.5) so I'm fine with the 30, but I fully understand you. The 24 is a very different creation. It was made to be The Allround Razor, and as such Heljestrand produced it unaltered for +60 years. Since other makers like Hellberg, E.A. Berg and Neiström among others made exactly the same razor model it was by far the most appreciated razor model in Sweden. However as far as I now it only was sold domestically.
The 24 is appreciated here as a rather exceptional shaver. I’ve had a pair of vintage bone scales set aside for her.

Although the gentleman that made my brother in law's razor won "Forged In Fire" and is a fine bladesmith, the grinding and edge geometry does not work well. I finally achieved an acceptable shaving edge by employing 3 layers of tape on the spine. I despise honing with tape.
IMG_20190525_110447970_HDR.jpg

Top Bottom