What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

DORKO PREMIER

This is the particular tool of choice for the weekend. It was employed Saturday and Sunday and the shaves were a delight and very comfortable.
40845D31-E7E1-4CBD-A76D-F718EF2B5AD0.jpeg

Have a great weekend Shavers

Are the early ones you're referring to the ones that look like the spines are hinged at the heel of the blade? That's the only example I can think of that fits your description. I'll be sure to watch out for those, but I'll still have bandages handy!

Late version on top and early version below. They were of course also made during the same timeperiod and later alongside full hollow razors, but the "early" version came first. As you can see the Late one has a very sturdy tang with a thumb notch that gives a good grip. The tang of The Early isn't thicker than the blade (it's actually a part of the blade) and thus it requires a little different technique than the razors of today.

20180812_182855.jpg

Todays Shave

WADE & BUTCHER 13/16th barbers notch
Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood
Turn-N-Shave Custom Silvertip
Floris JF Aftershave

A DFS in 2 passes

20180812_222354.jpg

Wacker Chevalier, with a sample of Wholly Kaw soap. My first time with WK soap...it is as nice as everyone says!

Attachments

• 0D4EB355-0168-4DBF-88EB-965CF78FD3C5.jpeg
    0D4EB355-0168-4DBF-88EB-965CF78FD3C5.jpeg
    531.2 KB · Views: 12
SHEFFIELD

It’s A.WILSON & SON today for a nice CCS. This razor is almost as smooth as my TIGER but the TIGER for me is still the one
064D27C5-AECF-4EF4-87BD-4BC3CFCE3243.jpeg

GREAT DAY, SMOOTH SHAVES

Some Allentown PA steel. The iron ore probably came from Michigan's upper peninsula. The Walnut for the scales was collected by my grandfather about 15 miles from where I live.
proxy.php

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Case with Christmas Tree scales
Simpson M7 Manchurian
MdC (in glass container)
Some Allentown PA steel. The iron ore probably came from Michigan's upper peninsula. The Walnut for the scales was collected by my grandfather about 15 miles from where I live.
proxy.php

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

That’s a beautiful razor man!! And great family history!

Top Bottom