What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

I finished restoring this very old Jernbolaget yesterday and shaved with it for the first time this morning. It's been a long time since I last bought a really rusty razor, but the rarity of this one made it well worth all the sandpaper and elbow grease. Besides I've never shaved with a Jernbolaget razor that hasn't been of absolute top quality.

For those with special interest: I have learned that the very first generation (like this one) of Jernbolaget shoulderless razors inherited their shape from their frameback razors. This means that the slightly lopsided smile (with the blade being wider by the toe) is factory made and not a result of poor honing skills.

I wish you all a very good day.

View attachment 904038
:001_tt1: :a47:

Todays choice, a George Wostenholm, gifted to me from one of our generous members....one of the few framebacks that i have.
20180812_091152.jpg

I finished restoring this very old Jernbolaget yesterday and shaved with it for the first time this morning. It's been a long time since I last bought a really rusty razor, but the rarity of this one made it well worth all the sandpaper and elbow grease. Besides I've never shaved with a Jernbolaget razor that hasn't been of absolute top quality.

For those with special interest: I have learned that the very first generation (like this one) of Jernbolaget shoulderless razors inherited their shape from their frameback razors. This means that the slightly lopsided smile (with the blade being wider by the toe) is factory made and not a result of poor honing skills.

I wish you all a very good day.

View attachment 904038
Beautifully done Arne!! I should send you a few of mine to do :001_302:

Very classy. I keep thinking I'm going to buy a frameback myself one of these days.
There's a reason to why I never post any early frameback razors: They scare the heck out of me.:117:
And then here is me working like mad to get some of mine gold plated today your all slacking :a30::a11::a11::lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:
I have 5 razors to do :c2::c2:
Some guys get all the fun. I think I'll go back to bed for another hour.

Sunday's Shave
'Lime N Lace'
View attachment 904077
I always admire all of your razors.

I understand and I'm sure it'll probably end in a bloody mess... but I've just got to try one, even if I only shave with it once and then seal it in a display case. :blush:

I find the later frameback razors, where the tang is a part of the frame, to be very nice. It is the wiggly grip of the early version that scares me and reminds me of a certain movie scene.

I find the later frameback razors, where the tang is a part of the frame, to be very nice. It is the wiggly grip of the early version that scares me and reminds me of a certain movie scene.

Are the early ones you're referring to the ones that look like the spines are hinged at the heel of the blade? That's the only example I can think of that fits your description. I'll be sure to watch out for those, but I'll still have bandages handy!

And then here is me working like mad to get some of mine gold plated today your all slacking :a30::a11::a11::lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:
I have 5 razors to do :c2::c2:
Id love to be trying but off to tge airport we go again.. :001_07:....

If i leave them as retirement projects ill have something to do for another 20 years.....lol....:001_tongu

Top Bottom