What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Filarmonica 13 beautiful plain blade.

After a long time without use, I gave the Filly a few passes on my Coticule with a little water, stropped it and shaved

It was so smooth I hardly needed a second pass, with 2 days of growth.

11AEF9C9-68BC-4DF6-82E7-10728BFE5DD1.jpeg

Wednesday morning shave: J.A. Henckels 17 1/2 Friodur. I'm loving this new Friodur. It's large enough to fit my XXL hands and has some weight and substance to it. Although I enjoy many of my hollow ground blades, I'm always reaching for my heavier grinds. My last custom and this razor are 1/2 hollow, and shave like a dream, and like the three bears are "just right." Why did it take me so long to try a 17 1/2--dumb.

That's stunning. The 17 1/2 Friodur has been on my radar for some time now but I didn't know it was a half hollow, it just moved up a few places on my list of "must haves." I passed on a quarter hollow "V" Friodur recently, I won't make that same mistake again. Very nice brush as well, I have a few boars but none with that handle - I need to fix that.

Filarmonica 13 beautiful plain blade.

After a long time without use, I gave the Filly a few passes on my Coticule with a little water, stropped it and shaved

It was so smooth I hardly needed a second pass, with 2 days of growth.

View attachment 904730

Beautiful Fili. I always enjoy my shaves more when I have a two or three day beard to remove. The problem is making myself wait that long to shave.

J.R. TORREY

It’s a beautiful morning here in the Upstate and I decided to give the TORREY a little FaceTime. The razor is very maneuverable around my face providing a CCS
B7CC02BC-F073-4096-93DD-B81FCC262944.jpeg

GREAT DAY, SMOOTH SHAVES

Today’s choice was an Otto Busch Weltmeister with a custom badger using SdM Mandarin Orange soap and then a good rub of B&M Latha

225063E6-32B5-40F3-82DA-379A49CBBED3.jpeg

Wednesday morning shave: J.A. Henckels 17 1/2 Friodur. I'm loving this new Friodur. It's large enough to fit my XXL hands and has some weight and substance to it. Although I enjoy many of my hollow ground blades, I'm always reaching for my heavier grinds. My last custom and this razor are 1/2 hollow, and shave like a dream, and like the three bears are "just right." Why did it take me so long to try a 17 1/2--dumb.

Very nice, I’m almost persuaded to seek one out
:ladysman: Thanks Arne

Top Bottom