What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

In Keeping with MK*31 fever, I got her out for Shave #99

$IMG_1792.jpg
I was going to use her last night, but given the full moon. Tonight is the night.

Razor: Henckels Platinum
Strop: TM Fast Bridal
Soap: TOBS Aloe Vera
Brush: Custom Badger
Aftershave: Clubman Original
Balm: Neutrogena
Talc: Clubman

$IMG_5307.jpg

Klas Törnblom, lately it's become rather popular at B&B.

View attachment 689340

Hi Polarbeard,
Doc47 recommended that I contact you with my question (and please forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere on the forum). My question is: Is there a difference in quality and/or the age of CVH's that are merely numbered vs. those marked with the MK crown identification? I own a No.4 that I really love, but am wondering what it's lineage might be? I suspect that it is no older than the 1950's, but know little about how CVH distinguished between their many models. I've seen the size chart that's floating around, but wondered if you had any other insights about this (or similar) models?

Regards,
Keith

Hi Polarbeard,
Doc47 recommended that I contact you with my question (and please forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere on the forum). My question is: Is there a difference in quality and/or the age of CVH's that are merely numbered vs. those marked with the MK crown identification? I own a No.4 that I really love, but am wondering what it's lineage might be? I suspect that it is no older than the 1950's, but know little about how CVH distinguished between their many models. I've seen the size chart that's floating around, but wondered if you had any other insights about this (or similar) models?

Regards,
Keith
There's no difference in quality or size between Heljestrand razors, of the same model number, with MK and those without MK.

There are differences in size and toe shape within the same model number though. Earlier razors are often smaller than late razors with the same number. So if you find an early MK32 in ivory it might not be larger than 18mm while the very last generation of it was close to 21mm (always in white or black plastic scales and never ivory).
I hope this was of some help.

Waterville Hand Forged. Dave [MENTION=83598]GolFisHunt[/MENTION] helped me find this one. I really like the design with its thumb notch. It turns out that it's a very capable shaver as well, but very different from the swedes that it resembles.

$Waterville.jpg

Top Bottom