What's new

What razor in your collection is your favorite go-to razor?

Tough call. If daily use probably my WR2 1.05 SB. With 2-3 days growth I’d say charcoal goods level 2 or Gillette slim on 8. But there a few close runners up too.

Which one, please?
It's the AS-D2 that looks like this.
proxy.php

OMG, that's a tough one.

If I can only choose one, today it would be my fatip grande testina gentile. Just for how efficient the thing is.

Tomorrow I'll probably change my mind though... It's nice to have a variety of razors to choose from. :)

Envoyé de mon SM-N950W en utilisant Tapatalk

Easy. My Merkur 37c is my go-to razor. Followed closely by my Fatip Grande.

If I ever get around to having my Canadian Big Fellow re-plated, I’d probably use it regularly. It’s one of my best performing razors for me, irregardless it’s age or historical prestige. Heavy, solid, very aggressive and smooth.

Down to 1 Razor: Timeless TI Polished Scalloped cap on Timeless Bronze .38 Solid Bar baseplate with Graphite Muhle Hexagon Handle

Started with an Edwin Jagger Ivory D87 passed down from Grandfather that had the Top cap threads damaged.

Purchased a Muhle Hexagon with similar Head brass threads(I believe) rather than older Pot. Was easier to learn without the Freeplay (slop) with aforementioned top cap, but did not like the balance of weight.

Put the Muhle Head on the Edwin Jagger handle and it felt much better. (Slighty shorter handle, made it more 'head' heavy)

Ordered the Timeless Bronze baseplate for Heft with Titanium Cap for the longer handled Hexagon and balance-weight felt perfect with better wet-stabilty ergonomics from the handle.

Gave the Ivory Edwin Jagger with new Muhle head to my brother.

I think I am just trying to lock down a razor-pairing. (Astra SP were okay; Feather Hi-stainless have worked well.
IMG_20200810_004914.jpg
IMG_20200810_005131.jpg

Last edited:
The Weber PH is my most used razor. It has the perfect level of heft (with bulldog handle) and medium aggression. Most of my other razors are novelties at this point, and I am due to sell some off.

The first one is easy, my '66 Aristocrat Slim. So smooth with pretty much every blade. I really love that razor!
The second is a little more of a challenge, probably leaning toward my '49 Milord. For me, the Milord is perfect with a kai or silver blue blade and about 2 days growth. But my everyday razor is that '66 Slim!
At least for now...but I'm always looking!!

Top Bottom