What's new

What razor in your collection is your favorite go-to razor?

I have a soft spot for Executive Adjustables. I tend to rotate the D3 and the G1, the first and the last produced. :)
Eye candy and great performers. And yes, I change the gap during the shaves. [emoji4]

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That's one of the most beautiful razors I've ever seen. I'm still learning about vintage razors. Is this very similar to the slim adjustable from the 60's? Thanks.

I have a soft spot for Executive Adjustables. I tend to rotate the D3 and the G1, the first and the last produced. :)
Eye candy and great performers. And yes, I change the gap during the shaves. [emoji4]

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That's one of the most beautiful razors I've ever seen. I'm still learning about vintage razors. Is this very similar to the slim adjustable from the 60's? Thanks.

Kinda, though it's closer to the Fat Boy. It's a relative to the Fat Boy and the Slim. All three razors are outstanding, individual judgments and preferences aside.

Last edited:
Gillette New type. followed very closely by the Gillette Old type.
Easy to use, great shaves time after time.

I will never sell any that I currently have. But. If I can ONLY keep one then the Merkur 39C. Great shaver, reasonable in price point and efficient enough to rip through 5 days growth with ease.

Love all my open combs, but my favorite is my 1936 Gillette Aristocrat. Something about the combination of open comb and TTO. I don't think anyone makes this combination today and Gillette soon changed the Aristocrat to closed comb.

1912 Ever-Ready with Gem PTFE blade. Smooth reliable shaver. DE would be my Rockwell 6c plate 3 with GSB blade.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Right now it’s a toss up between the Wolfman WR2 solidbar 1.15, and the Charcoal Goods level 2. But if I had to pick one, the Wolf would win because it’s a bit smoother. But I can’t seem to put down that level 2. Just got a level 3 plate, and that is the closest shave I ever got without drawing blood. It’s amazing. But level 3 is a bit too much for a daily driver. So if I had to pick just one, it would be the Wolf for sure. Next time my name comes up I’m gonna step up to a 1.25 and see how that goes.

Here, enjoy the reading! :)

See that B&W photo? I received the original couple of days ago. Stamped 1959 on the back. :)
To be framed and hanged on my bathroom wall.

Just let me say first that my favorite razor changes often. Right now I'm digging the Game Changer 68 OC. It has the perfect amount of aggression and seems to give me a great shave no matter how rushed or distracted I am. It reminds me of my Weber Polished in that respect.

Here, enjoy the reading! :)

See that B&W photo? I received the original couple of days ago. Stamped 1959 on the back. :)
To be framed and hanged on my bathroom wall.
Wow, that's pretty cool! Thanks for the link. Enjoy your new prize.

I have but 1 daily driver razor (and a near mint back up for it).

Consequently it's my go to favorite as it does everything perfectly for me, every time I use it.

Post war Gillette Tech.

Top Bottom