What's new

What Razor Has Evaded You?

What razor, has been on your list, to obtain, but have evaded, or eluded you?
How long have you been looking?
It doesn't have to be a holy grail razor, only one that you desperately want.

For me, it's been a toggle. I have been trying for a year, and no dice. They all get bid up high. At least high for me.
So, my hunt continues.

For me it's a NEW Deluxe Big Boy. All of the ones I see go for more than I'm willing to pay, and I never see the ones that go for a "deal."

I was also looking for a toggle. I lucked out and found my father's D-1 from 1958. Sweet razor and special connection. A 2-fer!

Hmm. I'm not sure this counts, but I have given up looking for a Darwin Deluxe. Even a few years ago, the prices were more than I was willing to pay, and they've only gone up since then. I never looked THAT hard for one though.

3-Piece NEW Deluxe. I know they're out there, but the couple I've seen have been way too far out of my price range. Only been looking for 6 months or so.

The #15 British Aristocrat. It's very scarce here. I almost had one earlier this year, but I let someone else I know win the auction because I knew they would just outbid me and it seemed unnecessary to drive the price up for them. He did return the favor by not bidding on a Slim I was bidding on and did get. I almost got hold of a British popular (basically the same, just a thinner handle), but when it came to posting the seller could not find the razor and refunded me. The search continues. The #15 parade thread is not helping at all - those are beautiful razors!

@Joe_Karp: If we were in the same country I'd sell you my Rocket HD. Somehow it just doesn't do it for me. A case of personal preference and YMMV.

Last edited:
I'd love to find a Richwood. The wood case and the silver plating just look amazing. But, of course, the bidding gets out of hand right at the end...so the search continues.

I'm an SE man, and so don't shave with DEs ... but I do like to collect Gillette Techs.

Until recently, I'd say the Gillette Psycho was one that I just simply could not get my hand on ... but a lucky break means I now have one in my collection.

One that continues to elude me is a 'Sport' or 'Sportsman' ...

It's a Gillette Tech, but with a clear plastic baseplate.

I have found the majority of the razors that I have looked for. The one that I have never seen is a bottom adjusting fatboy. I refuse to pay the price,so I will go on looking.

I have money to pay any price for any razor.
Just don't want any more razors.
Ha!
Ha-ha, don't mind me folks! :lol: :lol:
It's just almost the end of the work day here.

On a serious note though bidding on a recent #81 was the last time when I meant business. I was very close to win but didn't just in the last minutes of the auction. It was fun though and I'm looking forward to my next real attempt. :thumbup:

These two Goodwills ,like the base plate with the cut outs .I think they are the #175 and #164.Pics from an old Mr Razor thread

Glenn

attachment.php

attachment.php

A 1981 B4 Super Adjustable . My birth year razor. Been looking for about 6 months.

I haven't been religiously looking, but I've been periodically keeping my eyes open for a B1 for about a year now, to no avail. I'm guessing their production numbers weren't very high in 1981, because I see lots from '79, '80, and then '83, & '84, but have yet to come across a B1.

Others I'd love to pick up if I could would be one of the 30's OC Aristocrats, and a Psycho with original key. I wouldn't turn down a toggle or a bottom dial either, just not willing to pay the prices they go for on that auction site.

Last edited:
Top Bottom