Own mix
1 Argan Oil
1 Castor Oil
2 Jojoba Oil
2 Sweet Almond Oil
1 Coconut Fractionated (liquid) Oil
Tea Tree (5 drops/100ml)
Eucalyptus Smithii (10 drops/100ml)

Every morning for last 8 months with good hydration results.(Aloe for 3.5 years and CeraVe 8months>.)
Dedicated Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + followed by a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel.

I too have start to use Cerave soap in my pre shave routine but I'm interested to know about your 'dollop of aloe vera' and what it does to your pre shave regime ?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I too have start to use Cerave soap in my pre shave routine but I'm interested to know about your 'dollop of aloe vera' and what it does to your pre shave regime ?
I started using Aloe Vera Gel as a Hair moisturizer 30+yrs ago, way before I started to traditional wet shave. I would come out of the shower and towel off and my hair would look dry, took some of the aloe Vera gel rub it in my hands and just rub in my hair and it was instant healthy looking. So I started doing that with my beard to prep and experiment about 3 1/2 years ago. (Pre shave is to hydrate the whiskers as much for easy slicing with razor blade!)
It might sound a little strange but when you realize all the razor manufactures are using lube moisturizing strips with their cartridge razors and one of the main ingredients is some dehydrated Aloe Vera some how put on the strip. You do not need a lot to get the job done, a container of Aloe gel from Walmart is not expensive and I still use it in my hair and now a small dollop on my beard.
Z-Pre shave products (2).jpg

I think it is a good pre-shave combination with out gumming up my shaving brushes and razors.
A container of Aloe will last me 6 +months, the CeraVe is one of the best soaps for your cleaning and hydrating of your skin and whiskers IMO. I'm still on the same bar of CeraVe after 10 + months, you do not need a lot. I even did a shave with CeraVe to see how it would work out and it did a reasonable job, It will dissipate a little but it is slick enough.
So I Brush wash my whole face first (most folks will wash their face anyways)with the CeraVe hand bar cleanser & then rinse as much off with water and then apply a little Aloe Vera gel on the beard area and then use my shaving soap.
Have some great shaves!

I started using Aloe Vera Gel as a Hair moisturizer 30+yrs ago, way before I started to traditional wet shave. I would come out of the shower and towel off and my hair would look dry, took some of the aloe Vera gel rub it in my hands and just rub in my hair and it was instant healthy looking. So I started doing that with my beard to prep and experiment about 3 1/2 years ago. (Pre shave is to hydrate the whiskers as much for easy slicing with razor blade!)
It might sound a little strange but when you realize all the razor manufactures are using lube moisturizing strips with their cartridge razors and one of the main ingredients is some dehydrated Aloe Vera some how put on the strip. You do not need a lot to get the job done, a container of Aloe gel from Walmart is not expensive and I still use it in my hair and now a small dollop on my beard.
View attachment 1129406
I think it is a good pre-shave combination with out gumming up my shaving brushes and razors.
A container of Aloe will last me 6 +months, the CeraVe is one of the best soaps for your cleaning and hydrating of your skin and whiskers IMO. I'm still on the same bar of CeraVe after 10 + months, you do not need a lot. I even did a shave with CeraVe to see how it would work out and it did a reasonable job, It will dissipate a little but it is slick enough.
So I Brush wash my whole face first (most folks will wash their face anyways)with the CeraVe hand bar cleanser & then rinse as much off with water and then apply a little Aloe Vera gel on the beard area and then use my shaving soap.
Have some great shaves!
Thanks Ron R

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Rubbed on some Cella lather that spilled out of the tub. Let that sit a bit while I continued to load my brush. Find I’m doing that more lately, using bloom water or spillage as a pre. It works!

King of Shaves Advanced Shave Oil.

On a side note, you can get a free bottle of Truefitt & Hill pre-shave in their summer offer just now

Depot no. 401 pre & post shave skin protector sample.

Not a fan of the scent, but I could feel it covering my skin good.

Nuage menthol.

After an Arko experiment, which began well enough, but ended up (on the third day) with what I think is a reaction to alkali, I reverted to the canned gunk (Gillette foam), and enjoyed the benign contrast.

It looks like Arko's "Gonna make you burn, gonna make you sting" in my case.

Own mix
1 Argan Oil
1 Castor Oil
2 Jojoba Oil
2 Sweet Almond Oil
Tea Tree (5 drops/100ml)

Own mix
1 Argan Oil
1 Castor Oil
2 Jojoba Oil
2 Sweet Almond Oil
Tea Tree (5 drops/100ml)

I am trying and supporting local products recently. I am based in the Philippines, and I've got Blue Sail Pre-shave Oil (Lavender) this morning :)

Top Bottom