What's new

What pre shave did you use today?

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
OPR Soap.jpg

OPR Soap Ingredients.jpg

Thanks! Yours looks good as well, but I like a thicker pre-shave. Yours has more "face food".

That's right but I often use more castor or argan proportions to thicken it up.
I will experiment with more essential oils like you do.
This is my 6th mix!

Good luck & happy shaves

That's right but I often use more castor or argan proportions to thicken it up.
I will experiment with more essential oils like you do.
This is my 6th mix!

Good luck & happy shaves

Yes. I mix my EOs first, adding a drop of the highly aromatic ones first. Then slowly adding drops of the others 'til I like the overall aroma. I then cap and wait a day for the oils to blend and for my nose to refresh and give it another whiff and fine tune. Then I'll add my COs. This way if it goes south your just out the EOs.

I'll do web searches like "tea tree oil blends well with", which returns Bergamot, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Grapefruit, Juniper Berry, Lavender, Lemon, Marjoram, Nutmeg, Pine, Rose Absolute, Rosemary and Spruce, for ideas on things to try.

Yes. I mix my EOs first, adding a drop of the highly aromatic ones first. Then slowly adding drops of the others 'til I like the overall aroma. I then cap and wait a day for the oils to blend and for my nose to refresh and give it another whiff and fine tune. Then I'll add my COs. This way if it goes south your just out the EOs.

I'll do web searches like "tea tree oil blends well with", which returns Bergamot, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Grapefruit, Juniper Berry, Lavender, Lemon, Marjoram, Nutmeg, Pine, Rose Absolute, Rosemary and Spruce, for ideas on things to try.

I like your method, I will try it soon.
Thanks for the tip.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Fri, Aug 7th, 2020
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.

I find these products are excellent for my facial skin and do not clog up my shaving gear.

DE SOTD, Fri, Aug 7th 2020 (2).jpg
Z-Pre shave products (2).jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay safe in these times!

Top Bottom