What's new

What made you happy today?

Getting the mother-in-law's tablet and desktop upgraded to to the current OS levels, then a little forensic accounting to explain the mechanics of the debits and credits that removed a huge bogus Starlink charge from her credit card.

Three things that were driving her crazy, solved. Better than any of the other Christmas miracles this year.

Heard someone crying the blues about some small stuff, I final reached my limit listing to the GRIFTER COMPLAIN. This guy and his wife are Grifter, always looking for something for nothing, or next to nothing.

Sad they have it made, they got 2 fat union pension, 2 large social security payments, good medicare supplements you don't pay for, nice home, rental property, two cars, and good health. You should be happy, not crying about BS.

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
Time with grandkids!

IMG_2503.jpeg

Winning the struggle with an inanimate object.

It took the LOTH and I almost two hours, working together, not always in perfect harmony, to hang a picture in our dining room. Estimated job length - 15 minutes.

The heavy shadow box frame was made of incredibly hard wood. By the time we were done I had made many trips to the shop and the garage for tools and parts. Drills, hammers, drivers, pliers, Vise-grip, a small anvil, brads and screws. We broke one drill bit and twisted apart a brass screw that was only 1/4" into its pilot hole.

Finally: she likes the picture in its new home and I will never again have to look at the ugly, unreadable clock that hung there before. And we are both laughing at the absurdity of the whole project.

Well as we had my brothers cremation only a week ago after his untimely death on a Jan 1st. Yesterday I was around his now widowed Wife's house to fix a broken rear light on her car when she asked what she should do with his BMW X1. Well since the wife bought a mustang on Dec 20th (full fat no eco engine here, soft top too), my little mazda 2 sport has been playing a bigger part in shopping and taxi services, but as a 2 door its a little small. So I've been on the hunt for a small to medium sized SUV (we had a Hyundai ix35 before) Without thinking I said just sell it to one of those car buying services. But then she asked if I would like to have it from her for a small fee. Now this BMW is 13yrs old has all the toys and electronic everything. A full bmw service history but 157k on the clock (its a diesel) but the test drive was like a new car. So after a discussion about not being pushy etc I caved in and said yes. So after the paperwork is sorted my issue with needing a bigger but not too bigger car has been sorted to. All thanks to my brother. That made me happy to think he's helped me with a new car and kept my costs down too.

Top Bottom