What's new

what made you buy your coti?...

i bought mine cause i figured it was a one stone solution, however it turned out to be apparently be a stone very suitable for finishing (la nouvelle) although it does work from bevel set and up, just not fast..

Can't quite remember. Partly it was because I like naturals. Partly it was because with a modest investment I could do everything with the one stone. Partly it was because of coticule.be.

Whatever the reasons I'm glad I went that direction. Serves me well and is fun.

I wish even that was true. I have very little self control with these little rocks. There was only so long I could fight off thir German and Japanese friends from joining in on the fun.

With the group of stone nuts we have here, a better question might be "What made you buy the second one?" (After that the answer is always the same: Insanity)

For me it was Raithskar! Thanks loads Jon, I was blissfully ignorant of the straight shaving world, and you sounded the sirens to lure me into all this... :001_rolle

I am always happy to help!

I bought mine due to the lure of tradition, and the wonderfull edges they produce. I now have 4. La Dressante, La Grise, La Veinette and my newest (yet to arrive) a 3x8 La Dressante.

Man.....I'm hooked bad.

Jon

Jon, don't forget there is a huge variance within the veins stone to stone. (Especially with La Dressantes). Don't feel like you can only own one of eace vein.

You're welcome :)

Jon, don't forget there is a huge variance within the veins stone to stone. (Especially with La Dressantes). Don't feel like you can only own one of eace vein.

You're welcome :)

Great advice! We are such enablers. Now you need 4 or 5 thuringians and a few JNats, and a CNat and.... :lol:

Last edited:
Thanks for the encouragement, and suggestions guys.........buncha *cough*enablers*cough. In all honesty though......if you guys did not try to enable I would think you did not like me anymore.:lol:

I will probably be getting at least two more in the future.

Jon

Top Bottom