What's new

What Kind of Blades for early Schick C2 injector?

Hey everyone! I just picked up one of the gold, square handled Schick C2 razors from the 30's and was wondering which blades to buy for it.
Thanks for any help!
Rich

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Congratulations - those are wonderful pieces of shaving history! I have only used modern blades in the old Schick "repeaters". The original blades were carbon steel and not likely to be found to give an acceptabe shave. They were thicker than modern injectors but I haven't had a problem either loading modern Schicks from the magazine (the razors are often found without the bits inside that make them repeat) installing them directly to the head.

Modern Schick blades in the yellow packaging manufactured in China are the most common, I feel they are also the best of the modern options. But I think any modern injector in stainless should work fine.

What Gary said. You want injector blades.
The repeaters are surprisingly smooth shavers. I could never get the repeating function to work correctly but they shave great.

All i can do is agree. Ive got some original blades still in the original packaging, but i would never yse them. They just cant still have a good edge.

Pick yp injector blades and load them manually. I find these old Repeaters can shave well. But just owning these is a great thing. I have 4 different repeaters in my collection.

Top Bottom