What's new

Schick Injector with injector and Blades in Case. Help identify.

Another find in case with razors. This looks like a Schick Injector Eversharp razor from the 40s, but I honestly wouldn't know.

Does anyone know with a degree of certainty which one this is?

1706224634552.png

I would say it's an E or G type, but if you could shoot a pic of the underside, particularly the spring that would give us some other clues.

Never mind. Thank you for the response. While the question is honest, my intent is not in line with BnB TOC and therefore I will not be following up with this thread in order to be compliant and continue as member in this community.

My deepest apologies for wasting your time and my apologies to any one that I have offended.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Never mind. Thank you for the response. While the question is honest, my intent is not in line with BnB TOC and therefore I will not be following up with this thread in order to be compliant and continue as member in this community.

My deepest apologies for wasting your time and my apologies to any one that I have offended.
Asking ID is one thing and perfectly OK within the Terms of Usage.
Asking valuation is another matter that, yes, is against the rules.
Carry on.

Asking ID is one thing and perfectly OK within the Terms of Usage.
Asking valuation is another matter that, yes, is against the rules.
Carry on.

Okay. In that case, @OhioBob I did not get a photo of the other side. This is the first vintage Schick I have seen so I wasn't wise enough to check for codes.

The series you mentioned look like the one I found. Specifically, the 1953-4 type because it had the faux ivory/cream handle. Do you guys know what it is made of? It felt solid, but looked like a plastic casing. The guy at the store didn't know.

Do you guys know about the metal? It looks like gold plate, but oxidized like copper. My understanding is that they were made with 14 karat gold plating.

Okay. In that case, @OhioBob I did not get a photo of the other side. This is the first vintage Schick I have seen so I wasn't wise enough to check for codes.

The series you mentioned look like the one I found. Specifically, the 1953-4 type because it had the faux ivory/cream handle. Do you guys know what it is made of? It felt solid, but looked like a plastic casing. The guy at the store didn't know.

Do you guys know about the metal? It looks like gold plate, but oxidized like copper. My understanding is that they were made with 14 karat gold plating.
The patent codes stamped on the underside of the head plus the style of the spring helps in the identification. If only one patent listed, it’s an E. If two listed it’s a G. The spring identifies which E it could be.

You can Google “How to identify Schick Injector Razors”. Or search this forum.

My guess is it’s an early G because of the handle color.

My guess is Type G because as OhioBob mentions the handle color looks like those. The apparently metal case however belongs I think to an earlier E type, G's having mostly cardboard or plastic containers.
Bingo! If it has two patent dates, or Eversharp anywhere on it, then G.

I'm thinking it is G-Type too. I was looking at the ones in the thread below and comparing them in a similarly titled thread but for Type E. It looks like it lines up the Type G.

Schick Type G injectors for dummies

@garyg It looks like some other Type G came in a similar box.

I am kind of torn on this one. I do like it because it is late 40s early 50s. It is a great piece of history, but now that I saw the other Type G razors. As a collector's piece, I think I would rather get the style 2 with the gold plated handle. I feel like that has more durability.

The handle on this one was solid, but it had that protruding line like when two pieces of plastic are glued together.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Yep, the mold line is a giveaway - the Bakelite handled E Type I have had didn't have one. I'm not old enough to remember the G types in the stores or their actual cases. But mismatches case to razor are pretty common to find.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have two Schick injectors I inherited from my mother...no boxes...a blue handle G4 and an ivory handle G8....the handle is textured... and does have that mold line down the middle.

Top Bottom