What's new

What Is Your Oldest Shooting Rifle Or Pistol

I have never researched my Mauser, I will have to take some pics and see what I can find out. Will post the outcome.

It can get rather confusing. There were three armories making them. Carl Gustav and Husqvarna in Sweden and Mauser Obendorf in Germany. Mauser started in 1898, and then started another run of 5000 starting in 1900, both with different serial number sequence, I think, I know the second series started with #1. I think CG and Husqvarna had their own sequence of numbers also

I have an 1863 Sharp's carbine US accepted. Will it shoot, yes but its percussion and I will not shoot it.
proxy.php

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
I'll see if I remember to take some pics when I get home. I've got a 1905 Mosin-Nagant M1891, and a 1906 Colt 1903.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Hee.. hee.. hee....

Guess :)

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Both are a Stevens single shot .22, with an aftermarket Lyman peep sight on the one with the trigger guard instead of the spur type trigger Stevens with the shoulder stock?

Last edited:
Winchester Model 1886 in .45-90 made in 1887.

Springfield Model 1884 .45-70 made in 1888.

Smith & Wesson .38 Double-Action .38 S&W made in 1887

The two rifles above have taken deer. The revolver above hasn't taken deer, hah!

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
1919 Colt New Service 45acp with custom grips, barrel work and sight.
proxy.php

Still tight as the day it was made.

Yeah boy!

These two Army buds are still shot regularly. The Smith & Wesson Model 1917 turned 100 years old back in March of this year and the Colt turns 100 on the 21st of this month, one of 3000 delivered to the government that week in 1918.

An older military contract New Service lives here too, the Model 1909.

Last edited:

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
For the last few days my carry handgun has been a Colt Police Positive 38S&W made in 1926.

proxy.php

Before the PP went back into rotation it was a Colt Army Special from 1919.

proxy.php

Most of my carry holsters are at least a quarter century old and many nearly as old as the handguns themselves.

Which brings up an interesting factoid. Am I alone in having more holsters then guns to go in them?

I love vintage leather holsters as well as vintage guns.

This holster's over 100 years old by now and the Remington Model 51 .380 ACP is at or near 100 years old.

It can get rather confusing. There were three armories making them. Carl Gustav and Husqvarna in Sweden and Mauser Obendorf in Germany. Mauser started in 1898, and then started another run of 5000 starting in 1900, both with different serial number sequence, I think, I know the second series started with #1. I think CG and Husqvarna had their own sequence of numbers also
you can google the serial number and find out information on yours. Mine has matching numbers and took about 15 minutes to figure out... either way.. beautiful pieces of histroy

Top Bottom