What's new

What is your next soap on your "To Buy" List?

I try to get a hand on one of those Southern Witchcrafts. I'm searching for samples or a retailer but it is difficult to get it in Germany.

I wont tell one soap but i will tell the bundle what i will buy next. Opinions?

Stirling:
Sandpiper
Executive man
Sharp dressed man
Piacenza
Pharaoh’s dreamsicle
Texas on fire
Satsuma
coniferous

Saponificio Bignoli:
Young
Mora e muschio
I received Texas on Fire and Coniferous (also a Stirling soap) last week. I tried Texas on Fire for the first time this morning, and I like it. The scent is clean and woodsy, with a hint of cedar or pine and a smoky undertone of mesquite or similar. It is not overpowering at all and is not as strong as a new puck of Tabac (which I also enjoy), if that helps.

The Texas on Fire also performed quite well: the lather was long-lasting without being too watery or too thick, and it provided good slickness and excellent cushion during my GEM SE shave. (I have found that GEM blades, while excellent for a close shave, require a good soap to prevent razor burn.)

I plan to try the Coniferous later this week and expect similar results. The scent appears to be similar to Texas on Fire without the smoky notes.

DG Massacre of the Innocents. It has been sold in Canada for a while and it was restocked today. Grabbed it along with Stirling Mountain Man which will be my last Soap purchase for a while. I have too much soap and I am a relative newbie!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I have my eyes looking at Portugal... I have just ordered the relatively new Ach. Brito Mogno shaving soap, along with a tube of Musgo Real Classic shaving cream.

I also wanted to buy a puck of Musgo Real Classic shaving soap, but it was "out of stock". Hence, I'm going to get this one too on my next order.

I plan to try the Coniferous later this week and expect similar results. The scent appears to be similar to Texas on Fire without the smoky notes.

I know scent is subjective, but having tried both I don't think they are similar at all. Texas on Fire smells like you've been sitting around a campfire all weekend; I hated it. Coniferous has the smell of a Christmas tree.

They just arrived. Cella, Tabac, La Toja stick, and a hand made soap from a local. I’m a longtime Williams guy, and looking to branch out.
Cella and La Toja always perform well and will always be in my rotation. Not sure about the Tabac since I haven’t tried it yet

I haven't tried this yet because it just went on sale. But I would think it would be a terrific lavender choice...

Hmm... I’ve walked sections of the Oregon Trail and don’t remember lavender or the scent of it along the way. This might be an interesting soap though.

Top Bottom