What's new

What is your most used safety razor?

I have an EJ89 that I enjoy but I use my Parker 98R Ultra Heavyweight most often. In fact, I don't know if I've used my EJ more then twice. It is a nice razor but I just love my Parker.

Despite having a few I really like using, I would say that both my Futur and my Red Tip are the ones I use most, in fact significantly more than the rest of 'em.

Gillette Fatboy, hands down. I have several other razors that I use, but the Fatboy is my favorite by far.

Weber ARC (got it last week)... I'm loving this razor.
Weber DLC
FaTip with Weber Bulldog handle or UFO handle (my favorite OC)
EJ89L

WARHAWK

I like my Futur best. Only problem is it's cumbersome to adjust. So I usually just leave it set to max. This can be a bit intense at times. Ideally, I would set it down to 2 or 3 for most of my shave and turn it up to 6 for the touch-up passes. For a while, I was using my Fatboy set to 6 (which is like the Futur set to 2 or 3) and then using the Futur at the end. But I really like the heft of the Futur best of all. Some complain about not being able to get under the nose but for me that's not been a problem.

I usually use a straight, but when pressed for time, a '46-'47 Aristocrat with either Feather or Personna Med Prep blades.

My Hoffritz Slant razor. It provides the easiest, cleanest shaves without any nicks, cuts weepers or any other unwanted effect.

Are you able to get the Trac II blades without the lube strips? It makes my face a gooey mess.

The reason I ask is because I have SEVERE razorburn right now (even with scabbing), and I think I need to use the Trac II until I heal.

Advice?

I have never seen them for sale without the lube strip. It's my understanding though, that they are quite easily removed with a sharp blade; although I haven't tried it myself.

I have a stupid amount of vintage razors and I cycle through them at random, so I can't say one gets more use than the others. Each one has virtues that I'm still discovering.

Top Bottom