What's new

What is your most used safety razor?

Hi Gentlemen,

I have been searching far and wide and have not been able to find a post that lists the "favorites" that everyone uses. Please post your most used razor in your lineup! I am very interested to see what everyone is using and using the most of! What is your current lineup and what are you favoring these days?

Lets see them!

Thanks!
Mr B

Current lineup:

-2 Schick Injectors (Type L, and Type G)
-Weber Razor, EJ DE89 Barley, Ball End Tech, Lady Gillette
-Trac II with various handles

The razor that receives the most use is my Gillette Trac II; it can be relied upon for a no fuss DFS in two passes.

If I had a "desert island" pick, I'd have to go with the Futur. I really prefer a solid razor. Pair it with a Feather blade & my beard doesn't stand a chance.

Current lineup:

EJ DE89l
Merkur 39C
Muhle R41
Tradere OC
Weber ARC

I enjoy each one at any given time depending on mood, stubble, phase of the moon, prevailing winds, etc.
Most used right now - Weber ARC.

Weber ARC vs tradere? I am looking at both for my next purchase, can you talk me into one vs the other?

I don't have a favorite and all these get frequent call to duty. I have a fondness for the adjustables and the Red Tip.

$Razors_Feb2012 001.jpg

Current lineup (in order of acquisition):
Gillette G1000
Concord 3-piece
Lord L6
Gillette blackhandle SS
Gillette Guard
Gillette Slim
Gem Push Button
Gillette Tech (late 40's ball end)

My Gem, Slim and Tech are used most and currently I am hooked on the Gem.

Weber ARC vs tradere? I am looking at both for my next purchase, can you talk me into one vs the other?

As a fellow newbie, I would recommend the Weber ARC over the Tradere OC - it's easier to use overall, and more versatile as such.
Once the Tradere SB is available, this will pose an interesting challenge to the ARC.

As a fellow newbie, I would recommend the Weber ARC over the Tradere OC - it's easier to use overall, and more versatile as such.
Once the Tradere SB is available, this will pose an interesting challenge to the ARC.

I appreciate the advice, thanks!

My go to razor is a Red Tip Super Speed (a B-4, IIRC). Have a couple of Merkurs, some GEM SE's and number of vintage Gillettes, but I keep coming back to the Red Tip.

Old Prohaska

I would say one of my Fatboys, either one it doesn't matter. Love them both and I would say the bar handle New I have would fall in second behind those two

My current razors, in order of acquisition, are:

Parker 65R
Slim Adjustable
Ball-end Tech
NDC Superspeed
New
Tuckaway
New Improved
Diplomat
Rocket HD
Senator
Fat Handled Tech
British Aristocrat #15
Weber Bulldog ARC

Being nearly OCD in catologing everything, my most used razor is the Superspeed, which has 188 shaves under its belt. My favorite razor is the Fat handled Tech. I had written the Techs off as mild razors for newbies, and went at least a year without picking one up. A year and a half ago, I decided to take the Ball-end Tech on vacation, as I wouldn't be too upset to lose it. I was blown away at what an effortless BBS shave I got with it, after I had developed good shaving technique. I bought a second pre-war Tech, this one Fat-handled, and it has been used the most often since I got it. Last week, I received the Weber, and it is an excellent razor. I plan to give it a lot of attention over the next couple of months. Besides giving excellent shaves, it's built like a tank.

Mike

The Merkur 1904 Classic is the one which gets the most use from me. I have several others which I use occasionally, including a couple of SEs.

Top Bottom