What's new

What is your Favorite Violet Shave Soap?

I recently found that I LOVE the scent of Violet Soap, and would like to hear which ones are your favorites, and why.

Matt,
Good to see you.
I have tried 3 so far. The Mama Bear Victorian Violet, the Honeybee Violet, and the Trumper's Violet (actually tried the cream, not the soap).
The Mama Bear and Honeybee were very similar, to me, and actually have a very sweet scent that almost brings the smell of grape juice to my mind. Not unpleasant, but there it is. I love the Trumper's violet cream, and am trying to work up the nerve to justify another shaving expense this close after Christmas to my wife. It was the first Violet I tried, so it probably biased me, but I love it. Some say it is too sickly sweet, but not to my nose. I just finished the sample I had from C. O. Bigelow, and am wanting more.

FWIW

Mike

Trumpers is the only one I've tried so it gets my vote. But I am getting very excited to try some QED Violetta to see if it topples Trumpers.

only one other gent picked up on my shave of the day where i listed st. charles shave parma violet shave soap.

i think it was sue's giveaway back in november where i noted the items included were violet. i was stunned that nobody else picked up on it so i emailed her to ask. she is a huge fan of the scent and perhaps mentioned that she makes it for herself - i don't recall for sure. anyhow, she asked if i would like to give it a go. i enjoy sue's offering quite a bit - the new spice being my favorite. sue's violet is sweet - think of the violets candy that can be found in nostalgic candy shops. i know she is working on round 2 soon to take a bit of the sweetness down a bit.

the prize was awarded to the november "customer of the month" here:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthr...176#post381176

i have tried the honeybee violet which i did not have good result with and i did not care for the scent. i also gave the trumper's violet shave cream a go but found the results not up to par compared to the trumper's coconut oil product - the scent was barley detectable.

s~s

Based on my limited experience with Geo. F. Trumpers Violet and QEDman Violetta I must vote for the Violetta. Far more nose bouquet! :thumbup:
Lights up the bathroom..

Top Bottom