What's new

What is your favorite vintage non adjustable razor.

Let's put it this way. There's no way I'd pay $100 for one (unless it was NOS and in mint condition).

Whoops! I think it may be OK for you. eBay located me in the UK and the shipping cost they give is $55 (same cost as the razor).
Indeed. UK colleagues would agree I am sure. Does anyone remember that classic Sci-fi series Battlestar Postagecharge?

I seem to recall it covered this in the plot somewhere, but I have had ale taken.

Here we see a mass refusal to pay high shipping costs, and a moving appeal.

I believe robots were involved too, but I no longer recall very clearly. Nasty clanky things, and there was a blonde woman.

I hope this answer's the OP's question, whatever it was.

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I'll probably hold off for a while anyway..... I hit a place where everything is clicking. I think I'll enjoy that feeling for a while.

But you know me, that could change in milliseconds. I did check out eBay uk... nothing at the moment.

I only have one, a 1976 Gillette Super Speed that I found at an antique store, and I like it a lot. It's nothing fancy, it's relatively towards the mild end of the spectrum, but it's given me some good shaves although I've only used it a few times, but that's mainly because I got a Fatboy right after it and then a Parker Semi-Slant right after that, and I've been using those two almost exclusively over the last few weeks or so. Used it a week or so ago though, fantastic shave, I'm gonna maybe use it tomorrow again. I like how it pretty much never clogs.

1941 Gillette Ranger Tech

41 Ranger.jpg

I like the 1970s era black handle Super Speeds also. If you want a good clone to use for traveling or as a backup, the Van Der Hagen is an accurate clone. I can't tell the difference in how they shave.
Is that the brand you can sometimes find at drugstores? I might have to check that out!

Top Bottom