What's new

What is your favorite Safety razor?

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Favorite Tech-----------Prewar Fat Handle
Favorite Open Comb---Fatip Piccolo
Favorite Modern--------Game Changer .68P

It's like having 3 kids, how do you choose your favorite one???

20200204_113423[1].jpg

Right now, I have four favorites (in no particular order). All SS except for the Timeless base plate:

GC .84-P SB
ATT H1 SB
Timeless Ti .95MM SB
Blackbird SB

_

All my razors that are in my regular rotation. They're all vintage ( I found out early on that despite being drawn to modern ones when I first started, the only modern models that shaved as close and as smooth were a lot more expensive than vintage that gave same results ) three of the ones I use are heirloom razors. Two were my dad's, one grand dad's. A D1 and a D3 TV Special Superspeeds, an F2 Fat Boy, two WWII era Fat Handle Techs, one gold with oval base plate holes, a birth year and quarter Gillette Red Tip and Blue Tip and a Schick Krona and my pride and joy ( so I guess I do have a favorite ) a 40's era Gold Gillette Aristocrat with case both in near excellent condition. I'm going to send it somewhere to be replated and revamped soon so please, any recommendations as to where would be greatly appreciated. They're all in excellent to near pristine condition as are the cases, or the ones that have cases which is around half of them, right down to the accompanying literature where there was any.

Last edited:

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
At the moment Rockwell 6C in gunmetal, specifically R4 plate. Transforms even poor blades into a smooth pleasure. Best razor I have tried
I noticed the same thing with the 6C when I first bought it, and also smooths out Feather blades which became my favorites after trying them in the 6C, and now my 6S.

My favorite safety razor is my one and only safety razor! -- Gillette Pre-War (1938-45) Fat Handle Tech (with triangular lather slots). I have found (for me) that there is no need to consider anything else. Now my shaving SOAP addiction is another story all together!!!

And I for one welcome our new alien overlords...

Seriously, if you members of the advanced, early reconnaissance forces of the impending alien takeover want to remain undetected, you have to do better than this.

Buy unnecessary, redundant razors. Buy stuff impulsively. Stop laughing during episodes of "Full House". None of us do that.

And for my advice and compliance...I will except the dictatorship of New Zealand.

Top Bottom