What's new

What is your favorite Safety razor?

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
This one...

E-2.Bottom.Nice.640.$-18JPG.JPG

Why this safety razor?

E-2.Top.640.4-18JPG.JPG

Parts of the razor are good looking. The razor is better looking, overall, in person.

E-2.PatentNumber.640.4-18.JPGE-2.BladeExposure.640.4-18.JPGE-2.Bottom.Handle.640.4-18.JPGE-2.640.7-18.JPG

Link to a post on why it's my favorite safety razor.

Happy shaves,

Jim

This one...

View attachment 1061459

Why this safety razor?

View attachment 1061444

Parts of the razor are good looking. The razor is better looking, overall, in person.

View attachment 1061446View attachment 1061454View attachment 1061458View attachment 1061447

Link to a post on why it's my favorite safety razor.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I don't think the link is working, Jim. By the way, the E2 with the swiveling spring is my favorite injector. I've got too many favorite DEs to name it my overall favorite, however.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I'm not making this up but mine seems to change 3 or 4 times a year when I purchase a nice razor, Out of 40 razor rotation I have at least 10> that are just very good to use and the rest are great. Other words its a moving target if you keep buying razors. But a few that I really enjoy at the moment and will never be sold hopefully.

Oneblade Core with a modified gem blade- recently purchased,excellent daily driver with less irritation and carefree shave than most razors can offer for traditional wet shaving IMO.One blade 1 (2).jpg
Schick injector adjustable M3- excellent all around razor on the lower settings I prefer for a SE IMO.Schick injector M3 adjustable razor MFG 1970-72 (2).jpg
Schick E2 for those days I want a very close shave, it will deliver and easy to clean with the swivel spring.Schick E2 1937Pat (2).jpg
Gillette E4 adjustable fat boy- Excellent all around razor and smooth.Gillette Fatboy 1959-E4  (2).jpg
Gillette NEW long comb- for those aggressive shaves a person likes every once in a while.
Gem jr 1912 with baton handle-mfg 1943 variant- excellent daily driver.Gem JR Parade Mfg 1943 variant (2).jpg
Gem Feather weight -excellent daily driver.Gem Feather weight 1950-53 (2).jpg
Gem Micromatic flying wing- excellent daily driver and will give any razor a run for the money for a mild razor.Gem flying wing 1947-50 model(2).jpg
Gem OC 1912-15 Damaskeene-excellent daily driver.GEM Damaskeene OC 1912-15(2).jpg
Razorock mission- excellent daily driver-ya I have other great Razorock razors but this one turns my crank for now!
Razorock SLOC for travel- just a great daily driver and will usually not disappoint and give a DFS range shave.
Star bar lather catcher #4 mfg 1919- just a excellent razor and a nice daily driver IMO.Star lather catcher Model #4 MFG 1919 (2).jpg
Everready 1914- excellent daily driver with great audio feed back that I really enjoy.Ever Ready  1914 LLC mfg 1914-17 (2).jpg

There are some more but these examples give me pleasure and variety I like.

Last edited:
I could never decide a sole favorite, I especially enjoy the Futur, PILS, Weber DLC and the OneBlade Genesis, so I rotate, and along the way, may work in a Feather, or Fatboy, or SS, or Sticky, or Eclipse, or Tech, or ...Tip, or iKon, or Slant, or........decisions, decisions.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Until I started using straight razors,’my favorite was a Gillette New short comb. Straights are easier on the face and no nicks DE’s are prone to.

It depends.

RR Mamba .70
Gillette Red Tip ('59)
RR Game Changer .68
Gillette New SC
Merkur 34C - first DE - OUT OF ROTATION

I'm getting consistent great results from the Mamba & Red Tip. I need to invest more time in the GC .84 and NEW SC.

I know I don't "need" any more razors. My modest collection is more than adequate. Technique refinement needs to be the focus for me.

Until I started using straight razors,’my favorite was a Gillette New short comb. Straights are easier on the face and no nicks DE’s are prone to.
Nick's and weepers, another check on the vintage blades column. Nick's never happen and weepers, when they show up maybe once a quarter wouldn't even be noticable except I'm obsessive about not letting even a molecule go unperceived. As I've mentioned before I keep a daily shave log. Track every aspect. I wipe my face after each shave with a wet, bright white washcloth. Being wet any trace of blood rinses easily off. Being bright white any slight trace of blood shows. Since switching to all vintage I go months between even the vaguest hint of pink. My current streak is at 46.

Last edited:
Based on frequency of usage, shave enjoyment and overall performance my top 3 are (in no particular order):

Muhle R103
Edwin Jagger 3one6
Merkur 34C

Putting them in any kind of order is tricky as the order changes every week :)

My favorite is easily a late 40's Gillette Super Speed. For me, it's a very smooth and forgiving razor, regardless of the blade I use. A close second is my Weishi clone of Gillette Aristocrat.

Above the Tie R1 with the Atlas handle. Perfect balance, and smoother glide than anything else. Closest and most comfortable shave for me vs. my 15 other new and vintage adjustables, slants, open combs, closed combs, etc.

there are so many I've really enjoyed... but it's amazing how a Feather just knocks it out of the park the day I use it. Though; the next morning, the stubble is already at irritating

Top Bottom