What's new

What is your favorite Safety razor?

I only have Gillette adjustable razors at present.
My favourite is the Gillette FB, with the Slim and BB following close behind.
Extra weight of FB clinches it for me

69DFE730-17B4-4C2A-AFA4-9145F6071DF9.jpeg

ATT SE1 with MR3 handle.

I have used many vintage and new production razors over the years, but I find the Merkur HD and EJ DE89 to both be hard to beat in overall performance. Personally, I prefer the DE89 only slighly over the Merkur HD.

Of the five razors I have, right now it's a 1904 single ring that is a dream to shave with.

My shaves with my Old Type are a dream too.

A dream with Freddy Krueger in it.

The thing just draws blood. Like seppuku.

But with one of my Techs, I can shave and almost not even need to pay attention to what I'm doing.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
My favorite has changed a few times, and will likely change again; however, as of tonight, my favorite is the Hybrid Tech. It has slightly overtaken my Goodwill #160.

Merkur 37C. Efficient and comfortable.
Ditto the 37C. Used it this morning. Though my Muhle R41 is really close. Bc it is ‘reallyclose’. But using it as a daily shaver isn’t something I have the techique for. Whereas the 37C, followed with my Fatboy on 8 gives about the closest shave I can get with no lasting irritation. The Fatboy feels great as it gets the ever so short roughness left by the 37C.

My first is a van der Hagen I got at Wal-Mart to try out wetshaving. Only just got into it a couple weeks ago. I just ordered a Gillette Super Speed off eBay, though.

At present it’s my Merkur Mergress. I just find it so effeicient that my Gillette’s ( Fatboy, Slim and Black Beauty) hardly get a lookin these days

Currently a '25 Bostonian with a Tech fat handle and Maggard's V3 head 2nd and a '40s Milord running 3rd - go figure.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I have 2 favorites, My first razor that I've used since '61, Gillette Slim and my Weber PH with the Classic Handle. Both shave very well with Wilkinson Sword, Crystal, Israeli Reds or Astra SP, I'm condensing down to the Astra SP as they shave best in all my razors.

Top Bottom