What's new

What is your face Moisturizer of choice?

I do the one-two step of Thayer's Lemon w/alcohol, and if I feel like it, just a squirt of Feather Kawa AS/Balm.

I use Lab Series Daily Moisture Defense Lotion with SPF15 every day. The mornings I shave, I also use their Age Rescue Face Lotion as well . Although I do feel its way overpriced at £38.00/100ml for the Daily Defense Lotion and £38.00/50ml for the Age Rescue, It does seem to work well with my skin. Over in the UK, Boots have it 3 for 2 quite often, so I usually buy 3 of each when it is to save a bit of money.

Their Multi-Action Face Wash is amazing stuff and at £17.00 for 100ml is very reasonable (when I get it 3 for 2) as it lasts me a good 3 - 4 months.

I use this:
$265x265px-LS-869e33a7_B006XA7BRG-41ijUAJOM2L.jpeg

But if I run out without a back up I use plain ol' Aveeno.

I use Lab Series Daily Moisture Defense Lotion with SPF15 every day. The mornings I shave, I also use their Age Rescue Face Lotion as well . Although I do feel its way overpriced at £38.00/100ml for the Daily Defense Lotion and £38.00/50ml for the Age Rescue, It does seem to work well with my skin. Over in the UK, Boots have it 3 for 2 quite often, so I usually buy 3 of each when it is to save a bit of money.

Their Multi-Action Face Wash is amazing stuff and at £17.00 for 100ml is very reasonable (when I get it 3 for 2) as it lasts me a good 3 - 4 months.

What, if any, is the scent for the Lab Series Daily Defense with SPF? Is it oily? Can you use it right after you shave and then supplement scent with a splash?

Also, to those who use Jack Black double duty, does the scent fade? I was really looking forward to trying it but when i sniffed a wrist sample at the store i smelled too much like face creams that my mother and all her friends used to use.

Nivea sensitive skin moisturizer for days I'm not shaving Real Shaving Co Moisturizing balm for the days I am shaving

I use Kiss My Face Face & Neck Face Factor with SPF 30. It is loaded with good things your face needs: cell-communicating ingredients, antioxidants, full spectrum sun protection, and moisturizers. It's natural and is packaged in a way that keeps the product stable (no air, fingers, or light will spoil the product).

Last edited:
I've been using M Protect for years, and used M lotion for years prior. I can't offer a higher recommendation for this outstanding product. An A+ lotion with excellent SPF and no greasy residue.

I'm new to using a brush/DE, and I didn't have any type of balm or moisturizer and my face was getting super dried out from how long I was leaving VDH luxury on my face.
Enter the lovely wife: I read on here about people using moisturizer and she said "try this stuff" and handed me her bottle of Origins liquid moisturizer. it's got white tea/antioxidants and stuff. anyways, I splashed it on sort of like like aftershave, in the palms.
it's apparently kind of expensive, but it's been working great. no drying out and no breaking out.

recommended, though not if you want to look manly.
-josh

Top Bottom