What's new

What is this razor?

Let me try this again. This razor has the J 1 (JAY-1) stamped on it. Gillette is all I know.

Thank you for any help.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you take another pic from a straight side on or head on angle. But looks like a slim handled adjustable to me.....a good razor ( I use one :biggrin:)
Lvis said:
Let me try this again. This razor has the J 1 (JAY-1) stamped on it. Gillette is all I know.

Thank you for any help.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been shaving for a couple of months. Still have some little problems here and there, but overall doing fine. Should I use this razor so early in my learning? Or should I wait until I have more shaves under my belt. I use a Merkur Long Handle.

Thank you.

Dial it down to 3 and have at it! :biggrin: just dont mess with the #'s until you get more shaves under your belt- as you said.
Post up your results..

If you use it on setting (1) to start with you should be fine to use it - just take your time. :biggrin:
Lvis said:
I have been shaving for a couple of months. Still have some little problems here and there, but overall doing fine. Should I use this razor so early in my learning? Or should I wait until I have more shaves under my belt. I use a Merkur Long Handle.

Thank you.

Lvis said:

Thank you.
I went from a Long Handle to the slim adjustable (and a Fat Boy). Just stay on the lower end numbers for a while until you learn its qualities. I love mine!

I found a razor that looks almots exactly like this one at an an antique store this weekend. The one I found was for $10! Almost got it, might go back later this week.

Top Bottom